Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre -Season Games

Mounts Kipper

New ground for me, so hopefully get to Scunthorpe - don't get many chances to add to the list.

Fwiw, I can only ever remember pre-season matches being against shite opposition - even when we were a good deal shiter than we are now. Apart from that Liverpool game in the 90s, but it was a novelty back then. We did have the Lancs Manx Cup tho I suppose...

New ground for me, so hopefully get to Scunthorpe - don't get many chances to add to the list.

Fwiw, I can only ever remember pre-season matches being against shite opposition - even when we were a good deal shiter than we are now. Apart from that Liverpool game in the 90s, but it was a novelty back then. We did have the Lancs Manx Cup tho I suppose...

Remember Blackpool tanking us 0-3 at Burnden in the Marsden cup! Andy Watson scored from a gazillion yards out.

Seen some shite pre-season but hopefully make it over to Austria for a couple of games.

Worst for me has got to be Pompey away about 3 or 4 years back when they only had 4 or 5 players signed on and the rest were trialists.

We got dicked 3 - 0 IIRC.

Don't they have a well known mob of hooligans?

The didn't turn out when Chorley played them in the cup, season before last. Went drinking in the town centre before match no mither and a decent drink.

Edited by C86

Thorpey do you think there'll be actual games played out in Austria or will it just be a training camp? Im sure they announced the Brondby (and the other two) games at the same time as they announced the training camp last season

Thorpey do you think there'll be actual games played out in Austria or will it just be a training camp? Im sure they announced the Brondby (and the other two) games at the same time as they announced the training camp last season

Neil Lennon's side will travel to Austria in early July for a training camp before four away friendlies against lower league opposition.

I've read that bit wrong!  Assumed it was four games in Austria but reading again it obviously isn't and is just a training camp!

I think we will have a few games abroad, we normally have more than the 5 pre season games already scheduled.

FWIW I think the fixtures are decent, I'm in for:

Wednesday 15th July Chorley

Friday 17th July Morecambe

Tuesday 21st July Oldham

Friday 24th Scunthorpe

Saturday 1st August Southport

I think we will have a few games abroad, we normally have more than the 5 pre season games already scheduled.

FWIW I think the fixtures are decent, I'm in for:

Wednesday 15th July Chorley

Friday 17th July Morecambe

Tuesday 21st July Oldham

Friday 24th Scunthorpe

Saturday 1st August Southport

Doing none, they can fuck off for now.

Remember Blackpool tanking us 0-3 at Burnden in the Marsden cup! Andy Watson scored from a gazillion yards out.

I remember sam allardyce hitting one from in his own half, the ball bounced towards him, and from in his own half he hit it and it screamed into the nets at tother end. and I swear their goaly ran out of the way of it, it was travelling that fast. anyway I am remembering it so. but it did happen, yonks ago. at burnden.

I can only remember allardyce scoring one long range shot

V orient into the embankment end

It was so long ago now that I cant recall it all or which end it was from, apart from he ran up and volleyed a ball coming towards him, from in his own half and netted it. and that it was the best strike id ever seen. it was from about a yard over the half-way line.

I dont know how you remember things like which game who scored etc, thats a very good memory you have. I cant remember anything from any of the games I went. the meat and potato pies were good, I used to like going to the games just for those at half time haha.

Edited by overseas