Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bali 9

dpr halliwell

Alcohol also kills but is available everywhere, anyone watch BBC news this morning? Have a look at the cost to our NHS too.

Anyway, shooting will be a more humane execution than the ones they carry out in the back streets over there.

I have always been anti capital punishment for a number of reasons and after seeing an execution am even more so now.

Like Traf says, fuck 'em, class As kill, and not just the users, thousands of innocents die every year because they happen to be born or live inbetween point A and point B...

All drugs are pretty scuzzy (well, they are now), but if one must there's thousands of variants out there that don't leave quite as bloody a trail to one's hooter, lungs or belly...

Will they do it like they do in horror movies, where the swarthier of the players (in this case, the condemned) get done in first, leaving the whiteys to the last?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I'm not going engage the site's biggest WUM in a discussion about morals.

However, if the penalty for a crime is death and you choose to take a chance, then you deserve the full force of the law.

Death penalties aren't a deterrent because they're not adhered to.

My point was that if the death penalty was used every time that it should, it would act as more of a deterrent. 

But we know that's not true. It doesn't act as a deterrent no matter how many times it's used. History has taught us that.

OK, whatever.

I'm really not arsed whether its a deterrent or not, if I'm honest.

You commit a crime that carries the death penalty, then you should expect to be executed, End of.

And if that's what happens, tough shit.

Drugs kill people that are involved with drugs. Drugs don't kill innocent bystanders.

And your basing this on what, exactly, the films of Brian De Palma or The Hughes Brothers? Or from the experience of actually knowing people from drug-producing countries (who beg to differ)...

Edit: Don't even need to go that far (drug-producing countries) - I suppose the ones in the link below were engaged in trying to kill each other with firearms over a dispute originating regarding the sale of comics or carpets...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12996621

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

OK, whatever.

I'm really not arsed whether its a deterrent or not, if I'm honest.

You commit a crime that carries the death penalty, then you should expect to be executed, End of.

And if that's what happens, tough shit.

Exactly

Whatever your moral standpoint, if you are prepared to risk it, don't fucking whine when you get caught,

Those that don't get caught are hardly likely to be queueing up to pay the taxman