Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Birmingham 1

davidjack

Highlight of the day for me was a 15 year old asking for a mars bar and being offered a galaxy or a kit kat and answering "it's fucking trampy this stadium, never has fuck all in".

That and the new eastern European bar maid in the esl!

NL's comments on club FB will do for me. We did show flashes of looking decent in Nov and Dec, till Chungy went away and Cravies got injured, since Jan it's been injury after injury, patchwork team after patchwork team. 

We do need a good number of the types that can be moulded into a solid Championship unit that is fit enough, strong enough and resilient enough to  keep grinding to points over a 46 game season. A few of those and a proper pre-season that prepares us enough for the demands of that season and we might be ready to enjoy a decent time of it.

The transfer activity Is the big imponderable, will we be able to shift enough shit out and get enough quality in soon enough for them to be bedded in and ready to get us off to a good start for a change?

Like the current management team but we've had this players not good enough for too long, starting to sound like an easy get out.

Bournemouth, Brentford, Burnley all not great on paper but done well through a well executed gameplan.

As I say, like the current management team but GP is in danger of treading into DF territory there, and he looks like Frank Gallagher, which I cant decide is a good or bad thing!

• Moderators

another strange team selection for me

i dont want to ever see that front three again

threlkeld hung out to dry with balls all protection and expected to keep sprinting up and down the line

anyway, lennons kept us up, so job done

massively fortunate that it was so comfortable, mind

Massively fortunate that we didn't leave it any later to get rid of your mate, more like.

Shite game freezing cold and it took us ages to get away. Missed first 15 minutes of darwen game but the 75 we saw was much better than we'd watched earlier. Darwen promoted after 5-3 win over Hanley in front of 900 fans at the anchor. Well done lads.

another strange team selection for me

i dont want to ever see that front three again

threlkeld hung out to dry with balls all protection and expected to keep sprinting up and down the line

What was even stranger formation wise was he brought on feeney and walker and didn't go 442.

Threlkeld was crying out for a right sided midfielder to help him out. He did seem to jog about in a vague manner for a chunk of the 1st half after he'd kept the ball in play and lost it. He got a bollocking from Bannan, Mjalby and Lennon all in the space of 30 seconds.

• Site Supporter

I don't know why but everytime I see Parker or Mjallby interviewed I just get the "just passing through" thing in my head Lenny convinces me a bit more

It's not a "just passing through" thing it's a "fuck me this lot are shit and ill smile for the camera until we can put out stamp on the squad" thing.

What was even stranger formation wise was he brought on feeney and walker and didn't go 442.

Threlkeld was crying out for a right sided midfielder to help him out. He did seem to jog about in a vague manner for a chunk of the 1st half after he'd kept the ball in play and lost it. He got a bollocking from Bannan, Mjalby and Lennon all in the space of 30 seconds.

Bannan and Danns gave the ball away like a peado handing out sweets at a school disco, they just waved and nothing got said.

Danns put in as bad a performance as I can remember yesterday, truly fucking awful.

• Moderators

parker had a go at the senior players

yesterdays were

bogdan

ream

moxey

danns

mark davies

bannan

eidur

heskey

le fondre

lennon has signed 4 of em, given danns a new deal and wants to keep bogdan, but 'theyre not good enough'

parker had a go at the senior players

yesterdays were

bogdan

ream

moxey

danns

mark davies

bannan

eidur

heskey

le fondre

lennon has signed 4 of em, given danns a new deal and wants to keep bogdan, but 'theyre not good enough'

Lennon has slated Freedman's signings generally and said the squad isn't good enough

This to quite a few folk yesterday

You also defending hubbie on the Forest forums?; they appear to have caught on to him now

Edited by jules_darby

• Moderators

Bannan was poor, as a loan player who's just been hung out to dry for being on the piss, anyone expected a performance must be clueless.

Alf had fuck all supply, anyone expecting a match winning performance from him again is clueless.

Who the fuck is Gary Parker and what qualifies him to have a pop like that? Sounds like a shit John Carver.