Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Birmingham 1

davidjack

Who the fuck is Gary Parker and what qualifies him to have a pop like that? Sounds like a shit John Carver.

Well I would say he's one of Lennon's right hand men and 1st team coach who works with the players every day and obviously knows what NL thinks and what the plans are. If he was put up for interview with the clubs own media people maybe what he says is what the management team feel. End of season so maybe time for home truthes rather than trying to massage players ego's.

• Moderators

End of season so maybe time for home truthes rather than trying to massage players ego's.

This has never happened, Lennon has always said what he thinks. I find it unlikely he'd put someone else up to say what he's thinking.

This has never happened, Lennon has always said what he thinks. I find it unlikely he'd put someone else up to say what he's thinking.

We dont really know if he's said what he really thinks though, every game every week is giving him more info on certain players. Monday night was first time he hinted that some players weren't at required level plus lack of fitness etc. Up till now he's had to keep some of those onside to get them to play for him. Now it doesn't matter so much. Biggest job he's got is to get rid of the ones like this that aren't out of contract. Only ones out of contract we've heard been offered new ones are Bogdan, Mills, Pratley and the two old un's. What about the others and those he deems not good enough?

We dont really know if he's said what he really thinks though, every game every week is giving him more info on certain players. Monday night was first time he hinted that some players weren't at required level plus lack of fitness etc. Up till now he's had to keep some of those onside to get them to play for him. Now it doesn't matter so much. Biggest job he's got is to get rid of the ones like this that aren't out of contract. Only ones out of contract we've heard been offered new ones are Bogdan, Mills, Pratley and the two old un's. What about the others and those he deems not good enough?

Monday was not first time he has hinted about players being good enough.

The fact Heskey might get a contract extension is most worrying thing.

Is there a separate thread for how shit Heskey was

But Lennon probably thinks Heskey was brilliant. I don't get why we'd bother extending his deal. He doesn't offer enough, and looks most games like an overweight 37 year old striker. Funnily enough....

Monday was not first time he has hinted about players being good enough.

The fact Heskey might get a contract extension is most worrying thing.

Yeah thinking about it you're right with that. He had said in the past that he liked Feeney which goes against the vast majority on here who think he's crap. Trotter is another who apparently he tried to sign for Celtic. I would suggest he's probably changed his mind on those two and maybe others, Dervite perhaps on Mondays horror show.

I liked that interview but hope it can be backed up with deeds over the summer. Worried also that Heskey (& Mills actually) have been offered new deals but in Lennon we trust. Freedman finally blew it when he started slagging players off he had bought as not good enough, Parker/Lennon not doing that as far as I can see. First job, survival done going to be interesting this summer now

Had a brief chat with Mills last night at the after match 'party' and he reckons he hasn't been offered a new contract? Nice bloke by the way!!

Wouldn't surprise or worry me. Certainly too nice on the pitch, show him the door Lenny

Had a brief chat with Mills last night at the after match 'party' and he reckons he hasn't been offered a new contract? Nice bloke by the way!!

Not suprised Lennon not offered out Mills been terrible last few weeks on the beach attitude. He's good enough though in this league.

All these "great to hear from the coaching staff" comments mean nothing. Full of shit until we see a difference on the pitch. I could be interviewed and say we are shit. Means nothing. Full pre season and a transfer window. Put your cocks on the block boys

All these "great to hear from the coaching staff" comments mean nothing. Full of shit until we see a difference on the pitch. I could be interviewed and say we are shit. Means nothing. Full pre season and a transfer window. Put your cocks on the block boys

Yes. Freedman used to say how he was going to change things and bring in better committed players. But it never materialised. Lennon needs to use the summer well and not bother with Heskey for starters...

Agree Heskey needs a P45 .Think Mills is telling porkies tbh .Feeney & Danns were found wanting at the end of the season but would have been rested when the tank ran dry squad players at best. Quite impressed with young Taylor , the academy seems to be doing the business at last.

Agree Heskey needs a P45 .Think Mills is telling porkies tbh .Feeney & Danns were found wanting at the end of the season but would have been rested when the tank ran dry squad players at best. Quite impressed with young Taylor , the academy seems to be doing the business at last.

Think palace academy should get the credit for that one.

• Site Supporter

Heskey is a bit of a stump and only worth a small contract or pay as you play. Threlkald was poor and not ready for the league, in fact I've not seen anything in him to suggest he will be good enough long term.

It's broken record time though - 2 full backs, centre half, midfield destroyer and striker who is a target man, scores a few goals at this level and plays 35 games+ a season are vital. And Amos if Bogdan goes too

Which ones?

Ask them buttercup

But they are all on record officially or unofficially saying the squad is poor, ergo there's a raft of shite there

The club's management agree with me, and you are still to name a soul that had a consistent good season, never mind a handful

You keep papping on though cocker