Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

Don't worry can't be true if Nixon said it.

Would t be surprised if Nixon becomes the 'patsy' for these deals - Terry Robinson punts him some gossip in an attempt to get some kind of auction going.

If it is the £700-750k we're selling him to Sheff Wed for I think that's a decent deal considering we paid £1million for him.  With him being one of the top earners and injury prone it's a no brainer, cash in before he gets injured, he might not pass the medical! 

If Dean Moxey is the top earner then he'd be next out of the door

Perhaps it's a sign of the times or purely an indication of mark Davies contribution to Bolton wanderers that in my eyes he'll be more remembered for his attempted tackle in the lead up to sheff weds second goal rather than a positive contribution

If it is the £700-750k we're selling him to Sheff Wed for I think that's a decent deal considering we paid £1million for him.  With him being one of the top earners and injury prone it's a no brainer, cash in before he gets injured, he might not pass the medical! 

If Dean Moxey is the top earner then he'd be next out of the door

Moxey? Really?! I thought Wheater was?

He peaked in the game against Liverpool for me. At that stage, I thought he would ascend to the England squad.

Flashes of brilliance since, but only in games we've seemingly strolled (4-0 Blackburn etc), whether that says more about his effect on the game, or the games effect on him I don't know.

Shame, but we've lost better players. Good luck, hope its not completed before Tuesday

He played 42 times in last 2 seasons, he is a big earner - apparently, we can not find a system that gets the best out of him.

He is one of a very few players we have with any quality on the ball, sad to see him go but inevitable really.

Will be annoying as wherever he goes he will crop up on highlights doing something good.

We need to shift 10-15 players, preferably the higher paid ones, get used to it, that's the reality of our situation.

Davies fee may be disappointing to some of us but I'd take that, he's not that good.... Except on his day of course. Shifting his wages is the key thing here, the fees a bonus, after all, in the 6 years or so he's been here, he's been in the tattooists chair for more hours than he's been on the pitch :)

If the likes of Clough go on the cheap, then I won't be happy

Who in their right minds would make a left back the top earner???

AC Milan? :)

Besides there's no way moxey is close to being top earner. Wasnt he signed at the tail end of freedmans cost cutting jolly?

Edited by gonzo

Think some of our big earners such as Wheater, Spearing & Medo, they're out of contract in the summer. Pretty sure Danns, Dobbie and maybe Feeney? Too are out of contract.Add players like Ameobi, Heskey, Rachubka and our 2 loan players in Prince & Wellington going back, we should be saving a bundle with that lot. Just need to shift a couple of donkeys still under contract like Dervite, Trotter &Twardzick.

Edited by Blondi