Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Here We Go - Itk Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

That used to be my attitute, but playing kids that weren't good enough for the bottom of the Championship isn't going to win us League One. And that is all I really care about.

You're right in the main

But you could argue that that short term vision is what has got is in this mess. Leaving us with absolutely no one with re-sale value.

Yet we play a lad 20 games and he's attracting rumoured interest from the likes of arsenal and Spurs.

We've relied on loans for a good few years now and it's not done us much good.

• Moderators

ALF, Joe Mason, Lukas Jutkiewicz, just three forwards that have had a massive impact for us whilst on loan. They wouldn't have kept us up last season like but loans have helped us massively. There's people will claim Sturridge's goals kept us up.

Rob Holding is a special player, I've said since his debut that he'll go all the way. The rest of them are shit. Don't kid yourself that with 20 games we can create another Holding.

• Site Supporter

You're right in the main

But you could argue that that short term vision is what has got is in this mess. Leaving us with absolutely no one with re-sale value.

Yet we play a lad 20 games and he's attracting rumoured interest from the likes of arsenal and Spurs.

We've relied on loans for a good few years now and it's not done us much good.

our long term plan went when we were relegated... it became a short term all or nothing plan..

Tom Eaves.. how long did we have him and how few games?

If you want to cash in quick, you have a short term plan.

You really can't expect kids to turn around a struggling side well bottom of their League.

I was referring to loans of Premiership youngsters.

Can't remember any really good since Sturridge and Wilshere played about 3 or 4 good games for us.

And Amos fooled us.

our long term plan went when we were relegated... it became a short term all or nothing plan..

Yeah. Exactly. We buy someone and sign a shit load of strikers on loan and he never gets a sniff. I can barely remember him being on the bench. He might have been shite but he never got a chance to prove his shitness in first team Edited by Eavesy

....because he is (or was) a football agent, so presumably this is his field of expertise, and the area where he is most likely to get some form of kickback....allegedly

Are we going down the route of having a manager/coach who just manages the players he's given, like they tend to do in Europe?

I hope so. We are so far behind in signing players. I like the idea of someone coming in and having to work with what they have got. Hopefully the Harry Redknapp generation dies a death

• Moderators

Some muppet I know had a bet on him being leading scorer in league 1 last year :D

He played against the Colls and didn't stand out, as the most senior player in the team, he got bossed by a lad who struggled at Colls' level.

I take it you never saw him in reserves? Typical Owen Coyle signing, scored a hat trick against our defence so he must be good. Remember seeing him first time in reserves and being really disappointed. Went again a few months later and was talking to an old guy who went every week and he said don't expect him to make it, always off side for one. Sorry but he was crap not convinced he is good enough for Football League but why the hell did we sign him? on one good game probably, that was our long term plan before we got relegated?  

Owen Coyle should be hanging from the Macron floodlights for the damage he did to BWFC, but signing Eaves was the least of his crimes against us.

The signing of young players in the hope that they develop is a gamble every time & all managers probably get it wrong more often than not. At the start of last season, Holding did not stand out, even in the reserves !!

Did see Eaves play moderately well for Bristol Rovers as a one up.

Haven't we needed a decent one of them for quite a while?

His problem has been an arthritic hip.

Once talked to an old buffer watching the Reserves who said Francis Lee would never make it, so take what they say with a pinch of salt.

My everlasting memory of Tom Eaves is him running around like a headless chicken putting powder puff challenges in during the later stages of that last match of the season against Blackpool whilst Kevin Davies sat in the stands.