Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Released List

Mounts Kipper

No surprises there tbh. Good news if Bogdan stays, if not we need to sign up Amos. Pratley is close to agreeing a new deal so I've heard.

Releasing Mills, Lonergan, C Davies, Andrews & Beckford, I reckon that could save around £4 million in wages over a season.

Edited by Blondi

After thinking about the release list I think its good news that were still in negotiations with Bogdan and Pratley hopefully the release of Mills might give us scope to increase our offer to Bogdan (who is a must sign for me) and Pratley (who is a would like to sign for me if his demands not stupid)   it also begs the question about yesterdays Bolton News report that cash flow is a problem if that report was accurate the offers to Bogdan and Pratley would have been taken off the table, what is going on with the Bolton News since Sharrocks left god only knows.  

Cash flow is definitely a problem compared to a few years ago. In the free spending days under Megson, thanks to Allardyce's transfer profits we could splash out £2 milllion on a 2nd Division donkey like Shittu if we were daft enough to want to

• Moderators

mounts

we can get into resale values if you like but i think that clouds the issue

this contract your happy to give bogdan

remember our non parachute income is about 5 million

do you really think giving one employee over 25% of it is a good idea

i don't

Mills 20k,Andrews 20k, Beckford 25k, Davies 8 k Lonergan 5k. That's my guess so 4 millions about right what a set of cunts taking 4 million a year for the privilege of being SHITE. 

Don't forget Spearing & Medo's combined weekly wages are supposed to be 30K a week and they're both up for grabs, scary stuff!

• Moderators

Cash flow is definitely a problem compared to a few years ago. In the free spending days under Megson, thanks to Allardyce's transfer profits we could splash out £2 milllion on a 2nd Division donkey like Shittu if we were daft enough to want to

care to quote our net spend in the premiership seasons?

theres not much between allardyce and megson, if i remember reet

megson was helped by the cash received for anelka but its a myth that we suddenly started spending masses when fatty left

"Senior players Matt Mills, Craig Davies, Andrew Lonergan, Jermaine Beckford and Keith Andrews will officially depart Macron Stadium at the end of June, whilst Chris Lester, Georg Iliev, Luke Woodland, Glenn Matthews, Ryan Sellers, James Ball, Carl Kennedy and Kieran Nolan will also leave."

I thought Iliev, Lester and Woodland were all meant to be promising

Shame we couldnt have done some kind of deal with Craig Davies. We look a much better team when he plays.

Still dont get why we are keeping Gudjohnsen or Heskey. Unless Heskey is on about 300 quid a week.

that's my take cracking player IMO but his fitness is an issue,yes the other two must be on fuck all I think, Gudjohnsen maybe worth keeping

mounts

we can get into resale values if you like but i think that clouds the issue

this contract your happy to give bogdan

remember our non parachute income is about 5 million

do you really think giving one employee over 25% of it is a good idea

i don't

Regarding Bogdan it's common knowledge Lennon rates him as best keeper he's worked with he's approaching his peak and not many miles on the clock, now if Lennon thinks he can get him signed up for 3 years and has a gentleman agreement to sell him for a couple of million if we don't get promoted next season then it's decent business and I think that's the plan with Bogdan. However I do agree with your assessment but fair play to the club if there backing NL on this.

care to quote our net spend in the premiership seasons?

theres not much between allardyce and megson, if i remember reet

megson was helped by the cash received for anelka but its a myth that we suddenly started spending masses when fatty left

absolute rubbish. we all know SA only spent £20 in his whole time with us and players played for the love of the shirt

Doesn't seem to be much warmth for Lonergan, he was a decent understudy imo to Bogdan without being on a prem wage. We could be left with Bogdan and a youth goalkeeper as back up which is a risky strategy in a 46+ game season.

There will be no problem getting a low cost experienced keeper in, once we know if Boggers is staying or not.