Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Documentary's You Enjoyed

Underpants

Remember watching a doc on bbc2 years ago about the £5 note. The making, designing, and how to keep ahead of the counterfeiters. Yes, boring to you but fascinating to Mr Undies.

The 9/11 doc, 102 Minutes That changed America. Was on C4. A no commentary documentary, because no commentary needed. Gripping stuff.

Love this - 

- only 10 minutes long.

Won't be relevant or entertaining to many no doubt. Just love the way rallying used to be - changing gearboxes at the side of the road - and the obvious product placement of the Rothmans cigs all throughout it..

"could you have done it without a rothmans?" "no!"

Also - anything by Louis Theroux.

Said this before, the series "Auschwitz: The Nazis and the Final Solution" is the best one of that type out there.

All episodes are on Youtube.

I reckon I've also seen every 9/11 documentary that's been made. Love 'em.

Remember watching a doc on bbc2 years ago about the £5 note. The making, designing, and how to keep ahead of the counterfeiters. Yes, boring to you but fascinating to Mr Undies.

The 9/11 doc, 102 Minutes That changed America. Was on C4. A no commentary documentary, because no commentary needed. Gripping stuff.

that's ace that one  seen it a few times the 9/11 one

Good shout for 'Thirteen days in May' - but I've never gone back to watch it, don't want to spoil it, I rewatched 'Roots' around twelve or so years ago (this isn't some sickening stereotyping link btw :) ) because they had it in the Uni library, I though it was the greatest series ever made as a nipper, it hasn't aged well, I think the 'Thirteen days...' documentary might suffer similarly, it was groundbreaking at the time, and followed the story 'live' (sort of) on consecutive nights iirc - totally compelling and that couldn't be recreated rewatching it (in my opinion).

'Afghanistan: The Lion's Last Roar' was good recently, the thing on Rio (not flappychops) during the last World Cup was good too, both on BBC.

From over the pond, 'Why Poverty: Park Avenue; Money, Power and the American Dream' was thought provoking (and reinforcing (to a 'class war' scumbag/peasant like mesen)...

'The House I live In' about the 'war on drugs' is another one to watch, and I think everyone should watch those three 'Zeitgeist' films, if only to rip them apart...Even if you're totally against the message contained within them, I think everyone should be aware of the themes and concepts they contain, a sort of 'know your enemy' if you will. I found some of the ideas and theories (and 'solutions') in these films very disturbing, and when a smash the state yoghurt chucker (ooer) like me is worried, then everyone else should be doubly so (or a bit at least).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

She claimed his cock had 'got stuck' in her bikini and she was trying to free willy. The animal was named Willy (it wasn't really, it was called Peter or Keith or some other unimaginative human name-it topped itself in the end :( ).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators

detectives which is finishing tonight has been a good un

probs on iplayer

this was about the sex crime unit at gmp

it really was good stuff (it featured the ray teret case)

one thing that struck me tho

a girl reckoned she had been raped

streets of manc in the early hours

no doubt there had been some activity, just whether it was consensual

anyway, witness comes forward, says shed seen it all and the girl was willing

woman copper wanted to tell the alleged victim they had a witness before she gave her statement 'so she doesn't tell us something the sober witness tells us isnt true'

utter fcuking bollocks

case went to court and not guilty

The bloke in charge of the experiments, a Dr Lily, was the archetypal man of science who began doing acid and went awry, he took to wearing a Davy Crockett hat and, after getting trippy himself, starting injecting the dolphins (with acid, not his jizz) in ever increasing doses and when they didn't react to it he set about their pool with a pnuematic drill, Dr Denzel Dexter could've been based on him.