Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Documentary's You Enjoyed

Underpants

Was working late at home a couple of weeks ago and flicked bbc4 on as they do have decent docs on. That particular evening they had one where a camera had been put on the front of a barge on the Kennet and Avon canal, no commentary just the sounds of the water and nature. Was on 2 hours. Was strangely addictive and quite relaxing.

I liked the Spike Lee documentary " when the levees broke". About the aftermath of hurricane Katrina (?) In New Orleans.

Also liked the one last year about Claridges, I spend more time in hotels than I do at home, so was interesting to see what top end customers get in the way of service compared to us normal punters.

Was working late at home a couple of weeks ago and flicked bbc4 on as they do have decent docs on. That particular evening they had one where a camera had been put on the front of a barge on the Kennet and Avon canal, no commentary just the sounds of the water and nature. Was on 2 hours. Was strangely addictive and quite relaxing.

That was bizarre, there's actually nowt much to see from a canal barge prow, apart from the canal, the camera didn't really pan around to the scenery (or it didn't during the ten minutes I watched) - I think the producers of that effort must've been dipping into the LSD jar of Lilly...

It reminded me of when they launched Classic FM twenty odd years ago, they had bird sounds (and general countryside noises) airing on the frequency they were going to use during the months before they began transmission, we used to listen to it as pothead kids for hours, thinking it was 'mad' (as goons were want to do in those days).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

The Making of Charlie Bit My Finger.

It was reported that in 2011 the family made over £100,000 off advertising revenue from the video. The profit from the video was enough that the family could afford to purchase a new house. Their success has been compared to winning a lottery Since the "Charlie Bit My Finger" video was posted, other videos of babies have gone "viral" on the site YouTube and the families are monetising them. At one point in time, their father Howard Davies-Car stressed that he didn't want to commercialize on the boy's success but realized that unlicensed merchandise was being sold based on their video. In response to requests from viewers online the family created "Charlie Bit My Finger" T-shirts, mugs and limited edition calendars.The family signed into a partnership with a video management company called Viral Spiral. Viral Spiral, a video management company specializing in viral videos, has helped place the video in advertisements

Bah!

I hope everyone who watched that is proud of themselves. :(

Love this -

- only 10 minutes long.

Won't be relevant or entertaining to many no doubt. Just love the way rallying used to be - changing gearboxes at the side of the road - and the obvious product placement of the Rothmans cigs all throughout it..

"could you have done it without a rothmans?" "no!"

Also - anything by Louis Theroux.

That was more interesting than it should have been.

I liked the Spike Lee documentary " when the levees broke". About the aftermath of hurricane Katrina (?) In New Orleans.

Also liked the one last year about Claridges, I spend more time in hotels than I do at home, so was interesting to see what top end customers get in the way of service compared to us normal punters.

That canal one reminded me of the time I worked in Cable. We had a channel called The Landscape Channel. It was hours and hours and hours of footage of penguins hopping about and swimming in the artic to classical music. Relaxing, yes. But the same stuff was on a 24hr loop.

Planet earth.

That recent one about sharks

The proper deep sea Attenborough stuff

Loads I enjoy. Hardly watch any these days as the Mrs has a 45 second attention span from watching Entertainment news and other vacuous shiiiite!

Saw one on YouTube a few years ago about these homeless blokes in California who nicked shopping trolleys and went round ahead of the wagons on bin day and took all the recyclable stuff which they could later sell.

They also used the trolleys for downhill racing. That was fucking mad.

Anyone remember that one in the 90's about two northern plasterers that spent all day collecting pallets and pissing about playing golf?

I remember that. Bloke trying to plaster a ceiling with a broom.

Sure I read later it was all faked.