Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Riga....

Big E

• Site Supporter

If any Russian bouncers try and charge you to get in anywhere, tell them to get fucked and that you know a friend of Putins up in the Kremlin.

For good measure, poke the biggest one in the eye to let them know who's in charge.

If any Russian bouncers try and charge you to get in anywhere, tell them to get fucked and that you know a friend of Putins up in the Kremlin.

For good measure, poke the biggest one in the eye to let them know who's in charge.

Or just glass the cunts.

• Site Supporter

Was there 3 weeks ago, on a 3 day Stag Do was absolutely brilliant, went about 8 years ago also and seems to have modernised alot since then.

Loads of bars in the Old Town area, (Victory bar, Queens Pub and Donegan's to name a few but there's dozens more bars and pubs), we spent a fair amount of time in the Kiwi Bar which is near the cathedral, about 5 mins walk from the Old Town area.....Look out for the fit bar maid called Stephanie. The rooftop bar in the Radisson Hotel is worth a look, brilliant views and plenty of talent on show at night. Every night we seemed to end up either in Rock Café or the French Bar which weren't too bad, although the stairs to the French Bar are a deathtrap!!

Its similar to any Eastern European city really, respect the laws and don't be a dick and you'll be fine, ignore all the internet shite about being beating up by bouncers etc. 18 of us went and nothing remotely bad happened......worse thing is was that I walked home one night leathered and was stopped by the five-0. They questioned me for 5 mins and then gave me a lift back to the hotel and I had to show them my passport and then they fucked off.

Beers prices are anywhere between 2 - 5 Euro's depending on what you drink and which bar you are in. I spent roughly £350 over the 3 days on booze and food.

I'd also try and avoid paying for anything on cards, try and pay for everything by cash.

Try a pub called Pagrabs in the old town - full of locals and they have loads of different Latvian beers on tap - great place to waste an afternoon sitting at the bar working your way through them - after you've had a few they'll have you trying some of their top shelf stuff and the flaming sambucas.

Rock Cafe is decent later on

Good city, everything you need is in walking distance in the old town so no need to leave there