Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fc Malaga

itdiddidit?

off to a villa with family and friends next month.

the blokes are all wanting to escape for a day to see a match and it so happens that Malaga are playing Eibar whoever they are.

anyone been to a match there before and if so what's the best option for getting tickets? 

Go to the ticket office and shout "Canno we havvo ticketos foro the matcho toneeto, senor?" Eibar are the tiny club from the Basque region, got promoted to La Liga against the odds, got relegated and stayed up anyway as another club was sanctioned. Bolty has a fact about the town, but I won't steal his thunder...

• Members

Itdiddidit - get in touch with Reg the Bookie at The Lounge Bar in Benalmadena (owned by Dave & Shirley from Bolton). You'll find it on FB.

They'll fix you up with tickets and transport to the match. They'll also fill you up with the delightful Estrella Galicia at 1 Euro a beer!

I went to the last match of last season v. Sevilla. A top day out.  Bolton Dave in the middle here (the other two look a bit dodgy):-

008%20Large_zpshjv6drrd.jpg

You don't know about Eibar!!!!??? Next you'll be telling me you don't know about Serveta either? My God man, observe:-

I went in April, tickets are no problem unless it is against RM or Barca.

If you're staying in Malaga then nip up to the ground or buy and print online.

Touts outside will suss you straight away :)

Plenty of bars before but non-alcohol inside the statdium.

If you're staying in Benalmadena then take Bolty's advice.

Check KO off times too!

Hoping to go back before Xmas.

I hoping to get a CD Lanzarote match in a couple of weeks.

Edited by C86

Bolty has it spot on.

Reg, Dave Redshaw wrote a book on Malaga CF and the man to see.. He can be found on a regular basis in the Lounge bar. Alternately see Bolton Dave, he runs that bar.

I intend to visit a few times this season because the entire match day is something else. It's like going back to your youth on away day trips. The entire day is an experience, Lads from Brighton, Bolton, nd all over the country get together and place their full support behind the team. Atmosphere in the Rosaleda is something special that needs to be placed on ones bucket list.

Bolty has it spot on.

Reg, Dave Redshaw wrote a book on Malaga CF and the man to see.. He can be found on a regular basis in the Lounge bar. Alternately see Bolton Dave, he runs that bar.

I intend to visit a few times this season because the entire match day is something else. It's like going back to your youth on away day trips. The entire day is an experience, Lads from Brighton, Bolton, nd all over the country get together and place their full support behind the team. Atmosphere in the Rosaleda is something special that needs to be placed on ones bucket list.

Sound like the United day trippers

Not at all Cas. All the ex pats are season ticket holders apart from those who just make up the numbers on the match bus. Most of the Malaga Fans (Hinchas) don't seem to be bothered by their presence and are happy to accept them as their own.

Last seasons away game at Seville was attended by a massive majority of Brits, some two thousand fans travelled from the Costa to support the team.

It's well worth a trip just for the experience. Malaga are not a massive club but have a similar fan base to Bolton and the Rosaleda is lovely.

Piccadilly Station last night, blow me! It was worse than Manchester airport & the Irish. It was awash with Tiddlys sporting Munich tops and carrier bags.

It was worse in Bolton Town Centre, what have we become, guess that's the outcome of an out of town ground. Disgusted :angry2:

It was worse in Bolton Town Centre, what have we become, guess that's the outcome of an out of town ground. Disgusted :angry2:

On the 5 minute walk round to my parents i saw 7 shiney new manyoo shirts being worn.

Whilst driving to the match we passed one wandering down the man road whilst the game was on.

armchair wankers

• Site Supporter

I've been to a few Real Mallorca matches and they have a strong Brit contingent that regularly attend.

The Mallorcans couldn't give a half arsed fuck either way, but the peñas are all friendly enough around the ground.

Mallorca are similar to Bolton too, as it goes. Now in the second tier having spent a few seasons in Europe.

• Members

Easy to spit bile and shovel shit on something when you haven't experienced it. Cas and Bi E should attend a game and then they will come away with a completely different view. The bars around La Rosaleda absolutely love the Brit contingent for the highly profitable drinking capacity. As far as I can see, the Hincha's accept us as FCM fans and I am unaware of any problems with the Frente Bokeron either.

I failed to give due credit to Mr. Swiller who originally guided me to the Lounge Bar. Cheers mate,

• Members

I am not saying it wouldn't be good. I clearly love going to random games.

Trust me Ian - you would love it. Top day out and the Malaga fans generally make Brits very welcome.

I am looking forward to my next visit which will probably be in May next year.