Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Members
15 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Caught part of a game in the hotel bar on Tuesday night. I now get where you’re coming from bolty. Really good. All the crowd were wearing white T-shirt’s and waving white flags. Guess that was the white out that you were referring too?? Very impressive

Yes mate. Exactly that (and being Whites we would like it I suppose!).

I have been lucky enough to attend a few games at Camp Randall (Wisconsin Badgers). Took the wife and daughter to one against Fresno State and they were completely blown away by the whole day. The fifth quarter with the college band entering the pitch and playing their instruments whilst stood on their heads and all moving their legs in perfect synch will live long in the memory.

Truly amazing entertainment all round.

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking evenings entertainment in the college ball. Auburn beating Texans A&M then having to come back on after the celebrations as there was 1 second left and switch back on. 

Georgia comfortable in beating Kentucky to seal the SEC East. Then Bama shutting out LSU in winning the SEC West. I remain hopeful of a Bulldogs win in the final but I can't see it happening. 

Sky's nfl line up for tonight looks set to be great viewing. 

5 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Steelers really should be doing better against the Ravens - far too many mistakes

Can't wait for the Rams against the Saints - hoping it's a great game

Quick question - what channel shows the college games?

4 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Steelers really should be doing better against the Ravens - far too many mistakes

Can't wait for the Rams against the Saints - hoping it's a great game

Quick question - what channel shows the college games?

BT sport ESPN has the College Game Day build up show on from half 2 ish then live games on from about 5. Some of the other BT channels have games on too. Then during Sunday ESPN has extended highlights of some of the other games too. 

• Members
15 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Cracking evenings entertainment in the college ball. Auburn beating Texans A&M then having to come back on after the celebrations as there was 1 second left and switch back on. 

Georgia comfortable in beating Kentucky to seal the SEC East. Then Bama shutting out LSU in winning the SEC West. I remain hopeful of a Bulldogs win in the final but I can't see it happening. 

Spot on Frank. Superb entertainment.

Most enjoyable, feared the worst when McCaffrey waltzed up the field with ease and scored on the Panthers 1st drive. 

Less than 30 seconds of game time later and Vincenzo runs in his pick 6 and I was hopeful of a result. Didn't expect what followed though. 

Watching this weekend hoping for a Bungles loss. 

• 2 weeks later...