Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Members

Ah well, sort of expected and in line with bookmakers odds. Still believe the Packers need a serious defensive leader but Reggie White's are not that easy to find.

Have to agree - Mahomes and KC look like they will take some serious stopping.

21 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Ah well, sort of expected and in line with bookmakers odds. Still believe the Packers need a serious defensive leader but Reggie White's are not that easy to find.

Have to agree - Mahomes and KC look like they will take some serious stopping.

Unlucky Bolty old bean. Just wasn’t to be. 

tbf 49ers apart from the game against Atlanta have looked the class act in the nfc so no shame in what happened last night. 

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Should be some game in Miami.

Toss if a coin for the winner. I’d back KC if I was having a bet, but it’s too close to call this one.

Absolutely my thoughts you just cannot on paper split them. 49ers present multiple threat to me on the ground and in the air and I really think kittle is a special player. 

But then I look at Mahomes and just think could this be the best quarterback we are ever going to see given his maturity?

then I go on a tangent and think no because that’s the burrow kid from LSU  god I love this sport!!  

Edited by Escobarp

Just watched highlights from both games KC really explosive how the hell do you stop them over 4 quarters both the Titans and Texans couldn't do it as for SF awesome performance GB never in it really hard to call the final could be brilliant game.

Kept away from the games while I was away yesterday. Just watched now

Mahomes. He was immense last game but just gets better. No openings so just runs it himself. More yards than many RBs

Packers were awful. Absolutely dreadful. 

My only worry about the SB is it turns into the 49ers playing a defensive game and just trying to nullify Mahomes. Really hope not. If Mahomes rips them a new one early it will force the 49ers out and could be a high scoring classic 

• Members
16 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Unlucky Bolty old bean. Just wasn’t to be. 

tbf 49ers apart from the game against Atlanta have looked the class act in the nfc so no shame in what happened last night. 

Aye mate - I think it is fair to say that two of the best three teams all season are playing in the big one (the other being the Ravens) so there's no gripe from me.

As Traf says, should be some shootout for us neutrals. Hope KC win it. Never liked the Forty Whiners since they earned that nickname under Bill Walsh in the Joe Montana/Jerry Rice era. I recall seeing an interview with Walsh after he'd retired where he admitted that they pressured officials and the NFL itself 'just for the hell of it'. He then went on to say that small percentages, even fractions of percentages of advantage gained in 50-50 calls can make the difference at the very top of elite sport. Basically admitting to trying (and often succeeding in the effort) to achieve an unfair advantage. In other words cheating.

For the first time in a while there's no team I really want to win or lose so it'll be good watching 2 genuinely entertaining teams go at it.

Is it on the beeb again this year? Never watch their coverage because sky do it better but my mates sky box is a temperamental twat it's nice to know if there's a back up.

• Members
4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I know very little about NFL but I can tell you now the Kansas City Chiefs will win.

Sometimes teams just obviously have "it".

I probably know a liitle bit more than you having played it and been a fan for longer than I care to mention but I do hope you are correct.

Mahomes is outstanding and ably backed up by the likes of Kelce.

The nagging doubt in my mind though is that old adage "Good offences win matches; good defences win championships". If this didn't keep coming to my mind, I might be tempted to have a sizeable bet on KC. As it is, I am not risking it and just hoping the Chiefs win.

4 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

For the first time in a while there's no team I really want to win or lose so it'll be good watching 2 genuinely entertaining teams go at it.

Is it on the beeb again this year? Never watch their coverage because sky do it better but my mates sky box is a temperamental twat it's nice to know if there's a back up.

Half hour pre-game show on BBC 2 at 10.55pm
Game on BBC1 from 11.25.