Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

anyone watch any XFL?

I gave it a go, I think I'm a fan, once you get past the distinct lack of quality compared to NFL football it's an enjoyable watch. 

The main issue is definitely the quality of the defensive options available, I think there's going to be a fair amount of high scoring games. 

I really enjoyed the XFL - I like the in game player/coach interactions (except interviewing the kicker after he'd just missed was a bit brutal).

I liked some of the new rules too, in particular the points after TD which add a new tactical dimension.

The standard is a bit below NFL but 95% of the players have been in NFL or CFL set ups so its not too shabby.

Dont know if I'll ever follow a team like I follow my NFL team but it will entertain me for the next few weeks until the draft and the NFL pre-season.

One of my favourite sports bars is just across the road from the USF campus in Tampa so I've picked them as my XFL team as I intend going to watch them if they are still around in a couple of years. I am doomed to support struggling teams if the first week is anything to go by.

• Members
15 hours ago, Newton White said:

Dolphins for nearly 40 years - seemed like a good idea at the time. Hopefully things are gonna get better.

Also a Hurricane fan and thats not going great either

As a Bolton fan, you know how it goes. Enjoy the good times to the max when they finally come around.

No doubt a Dan Marino devotee? Had some good times in Florida so don't mind any of their teams doing well.

• Members

Where's that yawn smiley? Heard it all before from both rugby code types. Takes ten seconds for them to completely change their tune in my experience.

Cheers Traf - much appreciated. Not sure which team that is though? The white helmets have thrown me? I left for Oz in early '88 so maybe that is a Braves re-birth? Couple of faces very familiar  - especially 5th from the right back row. Looks like our star free safety.

• Members

Cheers Traf - very much appreciated. Founded by Dave Batty - that would explain why a number of faces on that team photo looked familiar. Definitely Ghost in the back row and there's a few others I recognised including Tonge Folds biggest Miami Dolphins fan!

• 4 weeks later...