Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Must admit this has crossed my mind more than once. The greatest ever without doubt but this would be his crowning glory (for my money) if he could pull off the miracle.

It's on...

• Members
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

11.40 is better than 1.15 so I'll be staying up this time 

Bills V Buccaneers final

You may be right. Who knows?

What I do know is that, unless you are the Green Bay Packers, winning a game at Lambeau Field in the depths of January is a very fucking difficult thing to do. If Brady pulls it off, fair play to him (I do hope the Packers have a pressure gauge handy ;) ). More likely that Rodgers will conduct a master class.

I've thought the Chiefs have been underwhelming for a while now this season. If they don't have Mahomes you'd fancy them even less. Having said that, a chance for the back up QB to become an instant hero? I'll stay out of than one and concentrate on the NFC even though I do fancy the Bills to make it through.

Last time we will ever see brees and based on that performance he’s completely shot. Each interception was a poor weak throw. Bizarre really.

Tampa defense looked very good if not spectacular. Brady likes the cold and is used to it so next Sunday could be interesting. 

Im also not sure mahomes gets the ok to play next week. If so you can book the super bowl viewing spot Zico. In a lot of ways it shows just how strange this game is when just one player is missing and that’s your chances gone 

• Members
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Tampa defense looked very good if not spectacular. Brady likes the cold and is used to it so next Sunday could be interesting. 

Not hanging about. I am taking the 1.55 on offer for GBP down here for this match. I rate them a 4/9 shot.

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Im also not sure mahomes gets the ok to play next week. If so you can book the super bowl viewing spot Zico. In a lot of ways it shows just how strange this game is when just one player is missing and that’s your chances gone 

yeah, saw he went off with concussion 

i agree though, all teams should have one player capable of throwing a ball accurately - after that I'd have thought it's about coaching and playbooks telling the players where to be and when

but it seems not, so what do I know, I'll shut up

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Not hanging about. I am taking the 1.55 on offer for GBP down here for this match. I rate them a 4/9 shot.

You can't back against the Packers mate.

Brady might be used to the cold, but the Buccs will get smashed to bits by that Packers defence

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Brady might be used to the cold, but the Buccs will get smashed to bits by that Packers defence

You do realise that over the season there is very little between Tampa and Green Bay on defense? Watch last nights game highlights and look how Tampa shut down Alvin Kamara and the entire saints run game. Forced brees to throw and then picked him off although like I said he was shit last night. 

it’s all on the day of course and stats go out the window as we all know especially in big games but statistically you’ve got two very evenly matched teams there. Although packers run game is much stronger for me which may be the difference. I don’t see the defense of GB being the differentiator though like you do. But we will see. 

it's easy to criticise Brees after last night, but when the defensive coverage was that good last night combined with the pass rush, it wasn't all on him.

Too many drops/fumbles, players not managing to get separation and he's got about a second to decide.

41 minutes ago, Traf said:

it's easy to criticise Brees after last night, but when the defensive coverage was that good last night combined with the pass rush, it wasn't all on him.

Too many drops/fumbles, players not managing to get separation and he's got about a second to decide.

His arm looked shot mate. Agreed Tampa were on it. But without having taysom hill in there to mix it up they just looked one dimensional and brees just didn’t go through with the passes. In his prime he would have fired them in. Father Time catches up with us all. 

brady isn’t the player he was either but he finds a way to win. 

taysom hills older than teddy bridgewater. 

its not like chris weinke who played pro baseball for years before going back to school. 

think brandon weedon did that too. 

but dont think hill did that. kinda weird

5 hours ago, e2e4 said:

taysom hills older than teddy bridgewater. 

its not like chris weinke who played pro baseball for years before going back to school. 

think brandon weedon did that too. 

but dont think hill did that. kinda weird

He spent 3 years as a missionary between school and Uni.

And also missed a full year of uni due to injury, so ultimately was 4-5 years behind others.

• Members
16 hours ago, Spider said:

The Packers look unbeatable to me.

Not seen a team so dominant in all areas since the Pats at their height a few years back.

Missed last nights games so will watch the highlights later

I do hope you are correct Spider. I am only 99% convinced so far.

• Members
16 hours ago, Spider said:

You might be getting a little carried away there Spider. I think the Packers offence wil be the key to this one. Defences look pretty even to me and that's saying something. It's taken a while and some shrewd recruiting for the Packers to be in the same league as the Buccs defence.

• Members
16 hours ago, Escobarp said:

You do realise that over the season there is very little between Tampa and Green Bay on defense? Watch last nights game highlights and look how Tampa shut down Alvin Kamara and the entire saints run game. Forced brees to throw and then picked him off although like I said he was shit last night. 

it’s all on the day of course and stats go out the window as we all know especially in big games but statistically you’ve got two very evenly matched teams there. Although packers run game is much stronger for me which may be the difference. I don’t see the defense of GB being the differentiator though like you do. But we will see. 

Beat me to it. A very sound analysis.

I believe the Packers will despatch the Buccs but I'd be lying if I said that the Brady factor didn't worry me.

simillar to that ^ , is when the reserve quarterback plays a few at the right time , does well  , then gets big money off another team , but does nowt

matt flynn a bit back subbing for arron rodgers then russell wilson outdid him in preseason in seattle

brock osweiler in denver subbing for pmanning , houston paid up $ but got shut pretty quick.  

the Washington Redskins will probably trade for deshaun watson or cam newton. summat stupid. 

• Members
52 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

simillar to that ^ , is when the reserve quarterback plays a few at the right time , does well  , then gets big money off another team , but does nowt

matt flynn a bit back subbing for arron rodgers then russell wilson outdid him in preseason in seattle

brock osweiler in denver subbing for pmanning , houston paid up $ but got shut pretty quick.  

the Washington Redskins will probably trade for deshaun watson or cam newton. summat stupid. 

Sickened (on behalf of Kane 57).

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

miami ohio renamed themselves the redhawks..

the Cleveland them norwegians that walked across the frozen artic 20,000 years ago Baseball Club

Can you ask someone nearby to press control/Alt/Delete on your system please?

Can you ask someone nearby to press control/Alt/Delete on your system please?

?

the first line is straightforward , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Redskins_football

the second is a joke based on alternate theories about the population of the americas , like in this book-

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10948502-across-atlantic-ice

and the 'controversy' around the cleveland indians name. 

fair enough if you dont know , but i didnt make owt up. 

i didnt quote the post i was refering to because it was the post above mine. 

Pretty sure this is simillar to the "i hate the theme from Boon" from a music thread  the other day. Folk arent making up things when they talk. 

Edited by e2e4
typo