Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

13 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Wow. You all know what I think of the man but that was different level. 

Nobody will ever done close to what he’s achieved and how good he is. 

I said the defense was good but they have just come alive these last few games. Outstanding. 

Yep. Just watched the recording. Him and Gronk. Fuck me what a combination

And yeah the Bucs defence. Had Mahomes arse on a plate. Immense

On 08/02/2021 at 11:50, L/H White said:

still find it mad he was a 6th round draft pick going at 199 overall

ehh,.. 

joe montana were picked late in the draft (no80?)

terry bradshaw had to get infront of the old guy on duck dynasty in college

weird stuff happens a lot. 

think he was in college for ages too (none of that 'declare early for the draft' for TB ) bob griese's son (brian ?) was infront of him, iirc. 

he was known about getting his head right with a sports therapist, a la Team Allardyce, too. maybe it frightened the draft people at various teams. 

Although i think TBs college numbers were pretty good, once he got the gig full time. 

• 2 months later...
  • Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Delighted with Mac Jones in the draft. Amazed he didn’t go earlier to be honest. 

@Spideralso think the jets have got a superstar in Zach Wilson from What I saw last season of him. 

@bolty58 I hear rumours that Rodgers has demanded out of lambeau? What’s your thoughts there?

The Jets can ruin Wilson as easily as they did Darnold :-)

Hopefully he's the real deal, but I'm looking forward to seeing Lawrence at Jacksonville - they picked up his mate the WR too, they already look like the new Brady/Gronk. Certainly won't be 0-16 this time.

Rodgers is off to Denver, where he will fade away I reckon.

Just now, Spider said:

The Jets can ruin Wilson as easily as they did Darnold 🙂

Hopefully he's the real deal, but I'm looking forward to seeing Lawrence at Jacksonville - they picked up his mate the WR too, they already look like the new Brady/Gronk. Certainly won't be 0-16 this time.

Rodgers is off to Denver, where he will fade away I reckon.

Jacksonville surprised me with how bad they were last year. Cynic in me says they tanked. Seen they got the WR. They will be a play off team this year now 

let’s hope the bright lights of NYC don’t get to Wilson eh

green bay will be goosed if Rodgers leaves. I think he’s a couple of good years left in him. He could transform the Broncos 

The Rodgers saga started last year when they traded to move up in the draft and pick Jordan Love in the first round last year. Then only offering a restructure of his contract rather than an extension this year. They picked up a cracking CB in Eric Stokes though.

Not sold on Mac Jones but the same applies for the other QBs that are not Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields couldn't get a game for Georgia but was brilliant at Ohio State. Zach Wilson and Trey Lance haven't had game time against top opposition etc etc. Same as every years draft every player has flaws you can pick up if you start analysing too closely.

Stillers picking up Najee Harris is a great bit of business and a lock once he was still there at 24. Expect them to go O-line in rounds 2&3

10 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

The Rodgers saga started last year when they traded to move up in the draft and pick Jordan Love in the first round last year. Then only offering a restructure of his contract rather than an extension this year. They picked up a cracking CB in Eric Stokes though.

Not sold on Mac Jones but the same applies for the other QBs that are not Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields couldn't get a game for Georgia but was brilliant at Ohio State. Zach Wilson and Trey Lance haven't had game time against top opposition etc etc. Same as every years draft every player has flaws you can pick up if you start analysing too closely.

Stillers picking up Najee Harris is a great bit of business and a lock once he was still there at 24. Expect them to go O-line in rounds 2&3

Anything is better than cam newton for me frank. We need a new franchise qb to build a team around and I bet they were delighted to get Jones. Tbf a lot more than a qb needed at the pats. 3/4 years of being a bit meh ahead 

• Members
12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Delighted with Mac Jones in the draft. Amazed he didn’t go earlier to be honest. 

@Spideralso think the jets have got a superstar in Zach Wilson from What I saw last season of him. 

@bolty58 I hear rumours that Rodgers has demanded out of lambeau? What’s your thoughts there?

You may be reet mate - maybe two more good years? His best is behind him though and a few friends I have in the Milwaukee area rate him as a talented choker.

I won't be slashing my wrists if he heads off. Very well managed organisation and the future is covered.

On 30/04/2021 at 15:38, frank_spencer said:

He'd be a massive upgrade on Teddy B.

And next years draft is looking weak in the QBs front

He would indeed, I just don't like him. 

There's a definite upside to taking him, but I feel that rather than Drew Lock learning from one of the best, he'd end up being cut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Zico said:

GUu6Jfg.jpg 

Two shite games 

Hopefully something better at Wembley assuming there will be games there

For the neutral, there is the chance to see Trevor Lawrence. 

4 hours ago, Zico said:

GUu6Jfg.jpg 

Two shite games 

Hopefully something better at Wembley assuming there will be games there

I was under the impression that all games will now be at spurs, as the NFL pumped money into their new groud

Could be wrong like

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, L/H White said:

I was under the impression that all games will now be at spurs, as the NFL pumped money into their new groud

Could be wrong like

Aye, just checked, looks like that's it for next season

• Moderators

Unprecedented times for the Bills (this century) 

Clear favourites for AFC East 

2nd behind Chiefs for AFC 

3rd behind Chiefs and Buccs for the Superbowl 

Might have a dabble on the latters, but they've got some tough fixtures this season

• 3 months later...
  • Members
11 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Similar to that is this beauty from yesterday and @bolty58lads in Wisconsin

Cheers Frank. Hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

Hope I can visit Camp Randall again soon! One of my best American friends has a large farm close to Madison and we have an invite to visit whenever we can. Can't wait to go to to a Badgers game again. Had some truly amazing times there. The students kick off like that but even more astonishing to me the very first time I saw it was when they sing 'Varsity'. Geezers in their eighties with either red blazers covered in white 'W's' or white blazers covered in red ones weeping openly. Not a tear in the eye job but breaking down gushing with emotion type weeping.

Nice to get a clip of Bucky Badger too - have a number of photo's with his arms around my missus and daughter when I took them to a game. Have to dig the photos out to check - it was either v, Fresno State or Ohio - can't remember which one of those two I took them to.

Shame none of the fifth quarter with the band is on there - they do loads of this type of stuff:-