Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You couldn't be more wrong sir. Rodgers will never play anywhere else in the NFL and Titletown will regain it's ascendancy within three seasons.

You heard it hear first on WIXX 101.1 FM.

I'm not suggesting he'll play anywhere else.
He's bright enough and rich enough to realise the time is right to retire.

17 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Doesn't want to end up like Eli killing his legacy playing on a team in rebuild mode. 

Spot on.

Eli should have gone after the playoff loss to Green Bay in 2016. Quit whilst still at the top.

• Members
18 hours ago, Traf said:

I'm not suggesting he'll play anywhere else.
He's bright enough and rich enough to realise the time is right to retire.

Fair enough. I still reckon he believes he can get another ring to go with the earlier one but you could be right. If he didn't have one already I'd say you'd definitely be wrong.

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Fair enough. I still reckon he believes he can get another ring to go with the earlier one but you could be right. If he didn't have one already I'd say you'd definitely be wrong.

Plus his knees are fucked.

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Trying not to get too smug by it as the Steelers are in the process of losing to the Raiderrrrrs 

Saw it on redzone though the bills lost on screen at the same time so didnt enjoy it as much as I could've

11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Just catching up with last weekends games. THAT touchdown from Miami at the end. Why more teams don’t play “rugby” is beyond me. Great as a surprise play

Jeff Reinbold and Booky Brooks were on SSN yesterday and they were saying it's mainly due to the risks and that the players aren't as skilled at the techniques as rugby players 

• Members
8 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Jeff Reinbold and Booky Brooks were on SSN yesterday and they were saying it's mainly due to the risks and that the players aren't as skilled at the techniques as rugby players 

Sam Spodofora at the Bolton Braves always discouraged 'laterals'. One of the reasons was the shape of the ball which is different to a rugby ball and more difficult to catch/control/grip. Both prolate spheroids but the gridiron ball is more spherical in the middle and more pointed at the ends. At least that's what he told us anyway!

There's a reason you only see them try it when it's shit or bust at the end of the first half or the end of the game. The percentages are not good.