Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Members

Even in a harmless thread with casual chat about a non offensive subject matter you just can't help coming across as a complete and utter bell end can you bolty?

Quite impressive really.

I seem to be able to push your buttons when I am not even trying to. Quite impressive really.

• Moderators

Green Bay Atlanta on sky mix again for us peasants without sky sports ????????

Thats if us mastermind types are allowed to watch it.

Get the nfl app and watch the highlights

It's pretty much the same but with no stoppages/adverts

• Moderators

Given there's a draft or whatever each season how do shit teams become good and vice versa

Would being turd for 4 or 5 years allow you to build up a decent squad?

I know players switch but they don't do transfers so far as know, so can a team attract the best players with a transfer or deal like in footy?

How did the Pats (or whoever) become consistently the best team in the afl for a good few years?

• Site Supporter

Given there's a draft or whatever each season how do shit teams become good and vice versa

Would being turd for 4 or 5 years allow you to build up a decent squad?

I know players switch but they don't do transfers so far as know, so can a team attract the best players with a transfer or deal like in footy?

How did the Pats (or whoever) become consistently the best team in the afl for a good few years?

I still don't get the whole rumpus about the draft, but it's massive over there. Imagine Transfer deadline day on steds, coke and whizz.

A few years back, Detroit Lions lost all 16 games so got 1st round picks in the draft. This meant they got the cream of new talent from college football and a few years later (well, this year) made it to the play offs. Unimaginable with the shower of shit they had the season they went 0-16.

I think Traf and Bolty are best placed to answer about the Pats etc.., because I still don't know the answer to that.

The Pats have arguably the best QB and Coach ever.

With those 2 they seem to have a knack of making average players unbeatable.

Having a good behind the scenes set up is vital for keeping a team up near the top. So the Pats, packers, steelers, Giants and a few others seem to stay there or there abouts.

Teams like the Browns and Jaguars seem to continually draft bad players and pay big bucks to average free agents.

The best teams tend to draft well and only use free agents to fill a need.

With the salary cap teams can't hoard all the best players, so being able to manage the squad under the cap level is part of being successful.

Al Davies was an icon but he was terrible at running the Raiders, they're still paying wages of players they've long since let go. With drafting excellent players and picking up decent players on sensible salary in free agency they actually are a good team.

• Members

I still don't get the whole rumpus about the draft, but it's massive over there. Imagine Transfer deadline day on steds, coke and whizz.

A few years back, Detroit Lions lost all 16 games so got 1st round picks in the draft. This meant they got the cream of new talent from college football and a few years later (well, this year) made it to the play offs. Unimaginable with the shower of shit they had the season they went 0-16.

I think Traf and Bolty are best placed to answer about the Pats etc.., because I still don't know the answer to that.

Frank is spot on. Particularly important to have a good behind the scenes set up.

• Site Supporter

Thought I'd give it another go -  watched the highlights the other day.

Each to his own, but I still think It's still a load of old hairy bollox.

A bunch of us decided to watch the (Superbowl) game overnight whilst at uni.

I lasted about an hour or so and never seen a game since, nearly thirty years. Whenever a brief highlight comes on tele I glaze over.

Can't get into it.

• Members

Best team won by a mile. Didn't feel right from before the start. News that Jordy was playing; winning the toss and then deferring to a team that has scored a TD on its first possession all season then Crosby misses a gimme and Ripkowski fumbles. Knew right then and there the game was up and I hope Atlanta go on to stuff the Pats.

Only feel sorry for Enzo and his bet. If anyone had told me in the middle of Rodgers' mid season slump that I would be watching my favourite team play right up until the last game before the big one, I would have told them to lay off the hallucinogens. Been a brilliant run and highly enjoyable. Could not have asked for a better effort this season and the Pack will be very serious contenders next time around.

• Moderators

Could not have asked for a better effort this season and the Pack will be very serious contenders next time around.

Probably

Had a look at the pre season odds for the superbowl

Packers were the pre season favourites

Then new england

Falcons were 66/1