Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

After a weekend of F1 and T20 finally caught up with my NFL recordings. Getting close now so it’s prediction time

AFC

Chiefs with Bills as a strong possibility. Outsiders the Colts. Steelers to do nowt

NFC

Rams with Saints as obvious contenders. Seahawks as outsiders with Packers to disappoint yet again

SB? Chiefs vs Rams

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Thing for me is who is coming through the draft next year that is going to transform their fortunes? 

QB Trevor Lawrence.

Best in years apparently.

Jets’ll soon sort that out.

Just now, Spider said:

QB Trevor Lawrence.

Best in years apparently.

Jets’ll soon sort that out.

Is Lawrence in the draft this year I genuinely didn’t realize. He’s good. Very good. I’ve not seen as much of him this year although did see some Of him this morning. 

im no expert.  But I don’t think he’s as good as joe burrow. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Is Lawrence in the draft this year I genuinely didn’t realize. He’s good. Very good. I’ve not seen as much of him this year although did see some Of him this morning. 

im no expert.  But I don’t think he’s as good as joe burrow. 

He could enter the draft this year but still has a year of eligibility at Clemson left.

If Jets go 0-16, I wouldn't be surprised if he used leverage to ensure he didn't go Gang Green.

Those in the know have rated Lawrence the best prospect since Payton. 

1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

He could enter the draft this year but still has a year of eligibility at Clemson left.

If Jets go 0-16, I wouldn't be surprised if he used leverage to ensure he didn't go Gang Green.

Those in the know have rated Lawrence the best prospect since Payton. 

Just been doing a bit of reading up. Some saying he’s the best prospect there has ever been. Another likened him to Andrew luck which , whilst luck was very good, is a tad contradictory to the first statement to me? 

cant see him wanting to join the jets or Jacksonville.
Patriots would be the best place for him of that there is no doubt 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Just been doing a bit of reading up. Some saying he’s the best prospect there has ever been. Another likened him to Andrew luck which , whilst luck was very good, is a tad contradictory to the first statement to me? 

If the Colts had got Andrew Luck a decent O-line at any point in his career maybe he'd have had a more successful career.

Even Brady would struggle getting smashed in the face as often as Luck did.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Put yer fucking rod away

You're right that jets or jags won’t appeal, but the jets have been trading for strong picks all year and may be able to sell him the dream of building quickly.

If he stays at Clemson for another year, chances are it’ll still be the jets with first pick the year after anyway