Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

On 22/12/2020 at 01:43, bolty58 said:

Really great to see that some of the gridiron fans on here do take notice of the college game. I absolutely love it. Obviously Alabama and Clemson will play in the national championship final - be interesting to see how Lawrence performs against the most outstanding team in the college game. If he happens to beat them (which I doubt) his stocks will rise even further.

Anyone see the Ole Miss QB clean the officials clock in the end zone at the weekend? Not sure if the video in the attached link shows the striped one being carted off with blood streaming from his noggin.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/ole-miss-quarterback-matt-corral-ran-over-ref-touchdown-run/1nnr26b6iitci1lx93dlalb6wj

Bet that hurt!!!

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Jets are at it again. I cannot believe the owners have not pulled the entire playing squad to one side. And said you win another game you will never pull on the jersey again. Insanity this. 

I reckon the league have spoken to them and told them they’ll cop massive fines if they keep throwing games

Roethlisberger has a dodgy past to say the least, treading the very narrow line between sexual assault and just plain being a dickhead.

I imagine his actions if happened now would see him face much more scrutiny and he would possibly be booted out.

Much like Ched Evans if teams feel Rapey ben, Kareem Hunt and Ray Lewis can help them win then they'll keep finding emplyment

7 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Roethlisberger has a dodgy past to say the least, treading the very narrow line between sexual assault and just plain being a dickhead.

I imagine his actions if happened now would see him face much more scrutiny and he would possibly be booted out.

Much like Ched Evans if teams feel Rapey ben, Kareem Hunt and Ray Lewis can help them win then they'll keep finding emplyment

I am of course saying it In Jest frank. He’s a phenomenal player albeit I feel approaching the end now as modern day QB’s need to be much more mobile and Big Ben is about as mobile as my good self. 

nfl is riddled with absolute not rights. 

9 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Roethlisberger's set to make $40m or so next season wouldn't be surprised to see him gone especially if his shite play continues.

Plenty of voices wanting Carson Wentz in in his place.

Big job at the steelers getting under the salary cap and fixing the offense over the next year or so

Yep the cycle of mediocrity will begin. Happens to every club although some are just shit permanently of course. 

6 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Are there ever byes in the last (or first) week? 

Or does everyone just play a team from their division?

Miami & Tampa bay got given week 1 as a bye a few years ago when there was a hurricane calling their game off.

They the both had to endure 16 straight games, whilst everyone else got a week off in the middle somewhere.

Ther fact they were playing each other week one shows its not always interdivisional games.

2017. https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/6/16253574/buccaneers-dolphins-week-1-hurricane-irma-nfl

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Normally bye weeks stretch for weeks 4 to 14(?). 

No idea what will happen next season with the 17 game regular season.

I was thinking if you don't have byes on the last day that means everyone can play every one so why have byes at all? 

Is it because of divisional match ups skewing things or just devised in a way so everyone gets one?

Always struggled with watching NFL until this season. Never gave it the time of day due to the perceived lack of fluidity with all the commercial breaks. 

However I thought if I picked a team and backed them with a bet this would help me get into it. It has.

My sister lives in Toronto and watching the Leafs is always a highlight of going over. So I thought I’d pick a team relatively close by incase I ever fancied going to a game. The three nearest are Detroit, Bills and the Browns.

In the end I opted for Bills purely on driving distance from Toronto. 25/1 at the start of the season. I can’t see them beating Kansas but I’m definitely enjoying the journey.