Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

6 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Whoever Bills play next weekend, it best not be the stupid o'clock game, if not, I'm back on the beer

Saturday games

6:05pm - Bills v Colts

9:40pm - Seahawks v Rams

1:15am (Sun) - Washington/Giants v Buccaneers

Sunday games

6:05pm - Titans v Ravens

9:40pm - Saints v Bears

1:15am (Mon) - Steelers v Browns

• Members
8 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Baltimore are back!

Yep. My fancy all along to win the whole thing this time around. Peaking at the right time.

Obviously hoping the Lambeau advantage gets the Pack to the big dance. Prefer to face anyone but the Ravens.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jeep said:

Saturday games

6:05pm - Bills v Colts

9:40pm - Seahawks v Rams

1:15am (Sun) - Washington/Giants v Buccaneers

Sunday games

6:05pm - Titans v Ravens

9:40pm - Saints v Bears

1:15am (Mon) - Steelers v Browns

get the fuck in

• Moderators
Just now, Escobarp said:

Tough game that though. Should win but colts are decent 

aye, last night given us much encouragement

been getting plenty points recently and only seen them dominated twice this season (Titans and Chiefs)

last two times int he POs gone out at this stage, but reckon they can do it this season (as in, make it to the next match)

but then they still have to get past at least one of the teams they've struggled with this season

as said though, bang in form at the right time...

• Members
14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Never watched an NFL game in my life, I do like the draft pick idea where the bottom team gets first player pick, do all teams have same budget or is it just like premier league where big teams spend most and win most? Just curious as won’t ever watch a game. 

All about nuances mate. Once you get into it, it's addictive.

They have the draft plus a salary cap unless things have changed recently? The AFL is the same down here. No team gets to dominate - they might get 3 years or so in contention then either fall away or, if well managed like the West Coast Eagles for example, stay within striking distance until the right recruitment targets come into reach. Easiest way to explain this to a pure association football fan would be making the playoffs year in, year out.

I was lucky enough to play for the Bolton Braves in the Budweiser League under Penarski/Spodofora for a couple of season then for a season in the BAFL for the Westhoughton Greyhounds. Brilliant game to play (on defence anyway). 

Like anything else, if you never get into it you'll never know.

I would of course steer you towards the Green Bay Packers. A true (& only) peoples club owned by tens of thousands of Green Bay residents rather than some twattish billionaire who would uproot and move elsewhere if given the right incentives.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Never watched an NFL game in my life, I do like the draft pick idea where the bottom team gets first player pick, do all teams have same budget or is it just like premier league where big teams spend most and win most? Just curious as won’t ever watch a game. 

If it’s the same as NBA then it’s the Same budget but they have cap space. You have the worst record you have the highest probability to get the first college draft pick. Which in theory is good but what can happen is trading draft picks or which is rife in the NBA they have tanking. 
if a team has little to no chance of making the playoffs they’ll ‘tank’ the season and basically play reserves so they finish as low as possible. 
Started to crack down on it now 

Mounts. The New York jets are a prime example. The best kid coming through the drafts is rated as the hottest prospect possibly ever certainly in recent memory. Jets had the worst record and needed to lose for rest of season to secure him and transform their fortunes  

they are that shit they fucked that up 🤣🤣. And now they have lost out on him. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Mounts. The New York jets are a prime example. The best kid coming through the drafts is rated as the hottest prospect possibly ever certainly in recent memory. Jets had the worst record and needed to lose for rest of season to secure him and transform their fortunes  

they are that shit they fucked that up 🤣🤣. And now they have lost out on him. 

Lawrence just had his arse handed to him by Justin Fields of Ohio State.

He wants to be a Jet

49 minutes ago, desperado said:

Funny seeing the tweets from the Giants players this morning 😂.

Washington in the playoffs 👏😂.

Probably get thrashed mind by Tampa

I still can't believe we made the Play Off , especially when we were 2-7 .

A massive uphill task against the Buccs but at least we get to have a go.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

I still can't believe we made the Play Off , especially when we were 2-7 .

A massive uphill task against the Buccs but at least we get to have a go.

Absolutely. Nothing to lose at all. Not expected to be in the play-offs, not expecting to beat Tampa. But who knows in sport, would be great to pull off a few more shocks,  especially in such a year where the cultural, social and historical elements of the club have undergone significant change. Come on the Football Club 👏😂

3 hours ago, desperado said:

Absolutely. Nothing to lose at all. Not expected to be in the play-offs, not expecting to beat Tampa. But who knows in sport, would be great to pull off a few more shocks,  especially in such a year where the cultural, social and historical elements of the club have undergone significant change. Come on the Football Club 👏😂

Nail on the head mate . 

1992 feels a hell of a long time ago , let's hope for a rise in the fortunes of the ' Football Team '.

16 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Yep. My fancy all along to win the whole thing this time around. Peaking at the right time.

Obviously hoping the Lambeau advantage gets the Pack to the big dance. Prefer to face anyone but the Ravens.

I've not a clue about NFL to be honest. Started following the Orioles baseball results after watching The Wire during the first lockdown and done the same with the Ravens since the NFL came back. UK coverage of the NFL is obviously much better than MLB. 

• Members
17 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Buckeyes were unreal. I may be wrong but I disagree with bolty about Bama battering them. I can see bama getting beat 

We will disagree then ;) Extraordinary performance by the Buckeyes but I can't see them stopping the juggernaut which is the Crimson Tide.

I hope the bookies will give me some decent odds!

• Members
6 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

I've not a clue about NFL to be honest. Started following the Orioles baseball results after watching The Wire during the first lockdown and done the same with the Ravens since the NFL came back. UK coverage of the NFL is obviously much better than MLB. 

I wonder if anyone can remember the name of the bar in Mawdsley Street when the first wave of NFL mania hit the UK back in the 80's? I have it in my mind that it was called 'Champions' and they screened the channel 4 coverage of the NFL. If anyone remembers it, would appreciate confirmation (or otherwise) of the name of the place.

We had a couple of Braves 'promo' days there organised by Alex Penarski - "all the razzamatazz" as he called it. Budweiser, cheeseburgers, Agnes and Doris from Johnny Fow dressed up as Dallas Cowboy cheerleader types.