Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

• Site Supporter

I've no idea if their bids are linked. I just presumed they were.

They know eachother very well. People close to them have confirmed this.

Anyway what's going on with marc iles on twatter??

I think that 'link' was based on them being sat in the same box a few weeks back.

Think Marc Iles has took umbridge with LionOfVienna posting an article which potentially damages a takeover deal which is supposedly close to completion.

I have no fucking idea either. I wish I could stop reading all this shite. Seems to be the same rumours every couple of days. Wish I could just switch off and wait for an official announcement.

• Site Supporter

Marc Iles has given the Lion of Vienna people a platform, credibility, he's appeared on their podcast, he is one of them. He's also a massive dickhead.

Didn't even know they had a podcast, and don't see how him appearing on it would give them credibility. If he posted something on here, would that give wanderersways credibility? Personally I think he's alright. Don't understand the hostility towards him really. Seems to have his heart in the same place as most of us.

I don't mind Iles, can't be an easy job he's doing at minute and he's let on more than once that he hasn't been able to divulge as much as he'd like about some issues.

As for LoV, I actually used to have a bit of time for them and listened to some podcasts in the close season as they kept things ticking over with no games on. I have come to the conclusion though that they seem to revel in the chaos at times, and the singling out of individual players for constant criticism got boring.

I don't mind Iles, can't be an easy job he's doing at minute and he's let on more than once that he hasn't been able to divulge as much as he'd like about some issues.

Fair point. For those that remember Gordon Sharrock in the 70's/80's Iles hasn't got the easiest job in the world. It's OK to vent your spleen on a forum with no access to the club but Iles has to balance access with comment/criticism

Fair point. For those that remember Gordon Sharrock in the 70's/80's Iles hasn't got the easiest job in the world. It's OK to vent your spleen on a forum with no access to the club but Iles has to balance access with comment/criticism

Responding to constant attention, questioning, criticism, absolute guff and hysteria on social media must be fucking grating as well.

Not saying there's not been times where I've wanted a bit more of an attempt at really questioning people at the top like.

• Site Supporter

Eaves, Heskey, Dobbie, Feeney, Danns, Cassado, Wheater, Rachubka and Fitzsimmons, all out of contract end of this season (allegedly)..

Don't reckon that lot add up to £1m a month in wages, so selling higher waged players seems a decent option.