Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Alex Samizadeh

davidjack

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying throw them both in from the start, but worth giving them a chance. We seem to have had loads of players with potential in the reserves (before NL) who just hung around for 2 or 3 years, never got given a chance, and then disappeared without trace. Both of these guys may end up going the same way, but let's at least see what they have to offer.

I used to believe the 'if they are good enough they are old enough' shout but I think it's a thing of the past.

The recently published 10 youngest PL starters list, surrounding Reece Oxfords debut didn't read well.

Also think back to Michael Owen who was finished at 27 imo. With the pace of today's game fitness and energy levels required, I just think it's a no goer now.

If that doesn't get them, then boredom, lack of interest or made my millions early will do.

Leave him to develop and when he is ready I'm sure he will get his chance.

Edited by tomski

• Site Supporter

It's down to physique

Stones at Everton is a bigger built lad, Rooney was built like CroMagnon Man from the age of about 10.

Zach Clough has been bullied out of contention and needs to bulk up. Like Barcelona did with Messi.