Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

Just had a meeting on Churchgate. Sad to see the Bolton News offices empty. And in a week or two the Travel Counsellors building opposite will be empty. Another 200+ people spending approx £20 per week on parking and lunches in the town... plus whatever other services they spend their hard-earned on - all being lost. Very sad state of affairs.

When will it get better? Should these empty offices be turned into apartments?

Just had a meeting on Churchgate. Sad to see the Bolton News offices empty. And in a week or two the Travel Counsellors building opposite will be empty. Another 200+ people spending approx £20 per week on parking and lunches in the town... plus whatever other services they spend their hard-earned on - all being lost. Very sad state of affairs.

When will it get better? Should these empty offices be turned into apartments?

Everytime I go into the part of town, which isn't very often these days, I think it can't get much worse......and then it does. I might have said it before, but that stretch down Bank Street is probably as bad an area as I've seen anywhere.

I'm not sure what can be done to change things, unless somebody decides to flatten the lot and start again - looking at it now, there isn't a great deal in entice big money investment as far as I can tell. It's a real shame, and I hope that something does change soon

It all started to go down hill when the budgies left the Arndale

• Moderators

Last time I was down there, the only person I saw was a traffic warden. off to check if anyone had overstayed, they hadn't as there was no fucker there.

Still, town is busy once a year for the food festival, so they can give themselves a pat on the back.

A company I used to work for need had two sites in Bolton but wanted to consolidate on to one site and increase productivity, employment etc.

They approached the council about possible sites etc. but the council didn't want to know, they were only interested in helping businesses moving into the area.

The company fucked off to Blackburn taking 180 jobs with them. Got a feeling TC are doing the same. 

A company I used to work for need had two sites in Bolton but wanted to consolidate on to one site and increase productivity, employment etc.

They approached the council about possible sites etc. but the council didn't want to know, they were only interested in helping businesses moving into the area.

The company fucked off to Blackburn taking 180 jobs with them. Got a feeling TC are doing the same. 

To be fair, it did go tits up the last time a business consolidated into one site in Bolton Town centre, that Skunk Plantation on Bank Street should've never knocked those two nightclubs into one, it brought it 'on top', as the criminal fraternity used to say.

Smiley....you used to be in Bolton Town Centre didn't you? - what made you make the decision to move?

Second business partner wanted premises half way between St Helens and Bolton after my first business partner moved to Bangkok.

I'd have happily stayed in Bolton at that point. Would still be happier if I was there, rather than on a soulless business park in Warrington.

• Moderators

Id be happy never visiting the town centre again if i didnt work here

Shithole

There is now a butchers on newport st that thinks its based on the market. Some nobhead shouting out that he is selling two chickens for fiver

Edited by Horwich

you not been invited to DazBobs Temple of Love yet then?

Sadly no. Last time I was in that building BCG and me were daring each other to pat Leo Sayer on the head. He's littler then Whitless!

I bet Spaznob has a walk in wacky shoe wardrobe with disco floor lights.

Id be happy never visiting the town centre again if i didnt work here

Shithole

There is now a butchers on newport st that thinks its based on the market. So nobhead shouting out that he is selling two chickens for fiver

does he throw in a pigs dick for free?

• Site Supporter

Bolton council have made the town centre an inaccessible, empty shithole.

Blaming Middlebrook is utter bullshit

All they needed to do was get people opening restaurants, not charging for parking and making it attractive to businesses.

When I have customers or suppliers in the office and they propose going into bolton for food and drink, it's embarrassing.

The fact that all they have managed to come up with is a mini replica of Middlebrook at twice the cost tells you everything you need to know about that gargantuan cunt Morris. He's so far out of his depth it's unbelievable