Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

Exactly

And this councils sole aim seems to be to make it easier to get to Manc

So, what's the point

High streets are far from dead now. Making a bit of a resurgence. People are a bit fed up of out of town retail parks.

High streets need to get a lot smarter now though like many other things. Town centre needs cutting down for housing on all the surroundings

High streets are far from dead now. Making a bit of a resurgence. People are a bit fed up of out of town retail parks.

There's a retail park the bottom end of Great Ancoats St with every unit shut.The Ancoats hipsters mustn't like them.It can't have been

open 20 years if that

• Site Supporter

Exactly

And this councils sole aim seems to be to make it easier to get to Manc

So, what's the point

Brownfield site. Plenty of room for residential development.

In time hopefully a few more independent shops eateries etc for the commuter classes with money to spend and no time to cook.

Might be a chic centre in a decade.

Or not.

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

Following on from the post on the other thread, there’s way to many beggars pretending to be homeless, it’s about time there was a crackdown on these skunks

Take a trip round Manchester. You get some blokes who look like they've had a better night's kip than me begging for cash. 

I don't give owt to beggars now. Too many spice heads or scruffs on the cadge in the last couple of years. Admittedly it was rare I did anyway. 

1 hour ago, Northender said:

Couple doing stints begging at asda junction in astley bridge daily, never at same time. They don't look homeless but have nice signs made up.

There's 3 or 4 of them hanging around Asda and the junction on a daily basis. Not one of them is homeless but unfortunately some people fall for it. They can also be found hanging around outside McDonald's every evening 

1 hour ago, royal white said:

But did they have a pound bakery? 

Didn’t see one, but 2 Euro/pint in a Blackpool-type resort

Edited by boltondiver

Just on my walk from home to train station I'm guaranteed to pass a couple. 

Neither looks homeless in a sort of sleeping rough for a few days would do sort of way 

I assume they must be amateurs as

A) no dog

B) take the money you've got in the plastic cup out so it looks like you are less 'well off' 

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Anyone tried Northern Monkey yet? Looking forward to giving it a go, nice to see a few things picking up round there.

Had a look in the renovated museum last weekend too, it was really good and packed out too. Ain't all doom and gloom.

Yep it's alright mate. Few beardy weirdy lesbian types in but has paulaner on draught. They need Holsten edel and astra in

6 hours ago, tomski said:

Yep it's alright mate. Few beardy weirdy lesbian types in but has paulaner on draught. They need Holsten edel and astra in

:D Sounds class!

I'm falling behind with decent boozers in and around town, still not been in Bunburys yet!