Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

On 18/12/2018 at 14:55, Youri McAnespie said:

Is there nowt the council can do to force the hand of the owners/landlords of some of these semi-derelict shitholes that are marring any efforts at improvement?

Section 215 notice can be served on buildings adversely affecting the amenity of the surrounding area. Very rare to see it used though. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Big E said:

Depends how big the uni gets. It will be a gimmick to get you in and then just be another dessert place 

Good luck to them, but I can see the novelty wearing off.

Especially when they realise they can buy a pack of Holland's pies and some frozen waffles for bugger all from farm foods. :)

43 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Good luck to them, but I can see the novelty wearing off.

Especially when they realise they can buy a pack of Holland's pies and some frozen waffles for bugger all from farm foods. :)

You miss the point here. The foreign students don’t cook and can afford it. Deliveroo makes an absolute mint out of my block alone

Took my Mum to that SpaMedica place on Churchgate on Monday afternoon for tests on her eyes. She was in for 2 hours so I had a wander around

Not been on Churchgate for at least 15 years. It looks way better than I remember. Hogarths looks OK - I await to be corrected.

Wandered down Deansgate. Seemed really busy and a lot cleaner and nicer than when I was there a couple of years ago

Bradshawgate was a bit depressing. Absolutely deserted and looked a bit shit and as for Bank St.........

Years ago, when I lived in Bolton, that Deansgate/Bradshawgate/Churchgate intersection area used to be buzzing day and night. Some sort of investment in that area would be a great start imo 

So much potential to make the town centre good again. From my brief wander around it at least looks like progress is being made, albeit slowly, even if it's just making everything look a bit cleaner

13 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Took my Mum to that SpaMedica place on Churchgate on Monday afternoon for tests on her eyes. She was in for 2 hours so I had a wander around

Not been on Churchgate for at least 15 years. It looks way better than I remember. Hogarths looks OK - I await to be corrected.

Wandered down Deansgate. Seemed really busy and a lot cleaner and nicer than when I was there a couple of years ago

Bradshawgate was a bit depressing. Absolutely deserted and looked a bit shit and as for Bank St.........

Years ago, when I lived in Bolton, that Deansgate/Bradshawgate/Churchgate intersection area used to be buzzing day and night. Some sort of investment in that area would be a great start imo 

So much potential to make the town centre good again. From my brief wander around it at least looks like progress is being made, albeit slowly, even if it's just making everything look a bit cleaner

The development at Church wharf will help revitalise that area. If it looks anything like the proposals I saw 5yr ago Bank Street will be flattened anyway. The bottom of chuchgate won't be a dead end for bagheads and council workmen to hide in 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Cllr Ebrahim Adia, deputy leader of Bolton Council, welcomed the proposals.

“Bolton is booming and attracting significant investor interest,” he said.

IS IT FUCK

Come on now. There's a long list of pound shop entrepreneurs just waiting for a spot. The Rumworth red rag knows all of them.