Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

On a lighter note did I read somewhere that Slaters have opened up in town? Is the centre carrying on its progress at looking a lot better?

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

They not been open for years 🤷‍♂️

Slaters have been in the old Boydell's Toy Shop for ages. 

54 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Moved into Whitaker’s old shop .

fills a gap in that derelict part of town 

The terrace of commercial stores opposite have two shops from about eight open. A pie shop and a health food shop I think. Rest are plywood glazed. Looks bloody awful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I know I left in 2001, but what the hell was Dali bar?!

A 90’s shithole on Bradshawgate, same side of the street as Yates wine lodge but higher up towards Prestons of Bol. It ended up full of weirdo foreigners spiking young girls drinks iirc.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
3 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

At least BN aren't alone in having a website that's like the matrix in trying to navigate. They all seem to be like that these days, so I rarely bother :lol:

Top half plays an ad
Bottom half is asking you to accept their terms and conditions 

Then you press something it asks you to participate in a survey. Oh fuck off.

8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

May be some photos (or posters?!) of interest on here. I gave up 5 photos in because the interface on that website is absolutely wank on phones

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18146091.pictures-early-00s-clubbers-bolton/

What I find interesting is in 20 years so little has changed. If you put up pictures from 1980 in 2000 the difference would have been far more dramatic. I'm glad really as half my stuff is from around then. 

58 minutes ago, Nowack said:

What I find interesting is in 20 years so little has changed. If you put up pictures from 1980 in 2000 the difference would have been far more dramatic. I'm glad really as half my stuff is from around then. 

Aye. 1980 to 2000 was a superb time to be out and about in Bolton. From The Lower Nags Head/Griffin/Swan Cellar/Cinderella’s  through to Bank St/Mondo/Temple. Lively times and sad to look back and think how good Bolton can be for a night out 

1 hour ago, Nowack said:

3 times I've tried to browse through them now and given up, it's absolutely shocking that website.

My main time in town was from about 2002 for 10 or so years, was always told it's best days were gone during that time but still had some brilliant nights, actually used to look forward all week to getting onto Bradshawgate.

• Members

From Diamonds to where BMW Williams used to be I’d either flatten the lot, or gut and rip out the lot. 
Theres an opportunity to have a strip of restaurants, bars, cafes, clubs.

its a wasteland and bloody awful to look at it. 

On the plus side I took the sprog to Bolton library and the museum there is pretty good. 

• 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Quite right too.

The evidence presented in the article explains the rationale well.

A quid to park for 2 hours is extremely reasonable.

34 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite right too.

The evidence presented in the article explains the rationale well.

A quid to park for 2 hours is extremely reasonable.

Sounds more like anecdote than evidence to me. 

If what's said in the article is true about people using it as a park and ride to Manchester then fair enough, can't see it though.