Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

On 14/12/2020 at 15:05, kent_white said:

What is it with women who resemble David Coulthard on here? 😆

Ooh hello sailor...

I can't say I even noticed her jaw.

She's never off the Babe channels - naked pictures are out there.

She's probably had more rich arabs on her than all the camels that have ever raced in the entire history of Qatari camel racing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbhcCUxuACm7jbDuzDZxz

Edited by Youri McAnespie

On 14/12/2020 at 17:45, Rudy said:

Aldi do a stonebaked range, one of them is pesto mozzarella and sundried tomatoes. £3.50 it’s sublime

Went to a friends house last Christmas 4 of us got dominoes £48. Felt shit after eating it and still annoyed at the price 

Aldi's are made by Stateside foods in Wingates, as are Morrison's, Co-op, and a few other supermarket own brands

29 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Aldi's are made by Stateside foods in Wingates, as are Morrison's, Co-op, and a few other supermarket own brands

I worked there (it was Fiesta back then) first job out of college.

My unambitious mam was delighted - T-Bone steak for tea my first day there.

I wasn't.

It was so mind-numbing.

Half the workers would head for the bushes at dinnertime to sup cans and/or get stoned.

I took to taking a spliff and couple of cans of wifebeater - made the afternoon go quicker.

After about six weeks I was obviously fed up...mam said "It'll be better next week..."

I said "I know it will, I'm not going in."

Was on the Rock and Roll about a month then went to work for Barclaycard - piss poor wages but at least there were windows.

Fair play to anyone sticking out these jobs.

I've heard, alledged, there's been widespread fraud by upper management there (Stateside) a few years back.

Although these claims are probably false.

Probably tittle-tattle.

😉

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members

Does anyone else remember an elderly chap in the town centre in the 90’s with a placard

He stood near where specsavers is now and it read

“Stop Bombing Iran”

My family seem to think I’m going mad and I’ve made it up 

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Does anyone else remember an elderly chap in the town centre in the 90’s with a placard

He stood near where specsavers is now and it read

“Stop Bombing Iran”

My family seem to think I’m going mad and I’ve made it up 

It said IRA...Stop Bombing Us

Near SpecSavers was it?

13 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Is bella pizza still there in town? The little hut near the octagon. Used to love a 7" margarita for £1.30 on a saturday afternoon with my mates when i was 13/14.

The bloke who works in there is seriously good at folding pizza boxes.

yes went about 3 weeks ago a 7" is £1.80 now

nipped in town this morning what a shit hole

went in Pappa Johns  2 RAYGUNS there one with his finger up his hooter  i thought fuck ordering one 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, little whitt said:

went in Pappa Johns  2 RAYGUNS there one with his finger up his hooter  i thought fuck ordering one 

I remember the game at Oldham in the snow. There was a big black lad with a Wrestler’s Burger trolley. I was starving and joined the queue. Well, you know how you just chat to randomers? Well, the topic of conversation was the big dew-drop on the end of the black guy’s conk. We were talking about whether we’d still be buying a burger if it dropped into the pan. <gip! 🤢>
We needn’t have worried, using the palm of his hand he wiped said dew-drop away! <bigger gip!🤢🤢> ten or so people decided they were no longer hungry.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

You must have been fucking starving to even contemplate buying and eating a wesslers burger. Tinned burgers ffs...

Indeed. Bus dropped us off fairly close to ground and as I was only 14 or 15 it was pretty much straight to ground.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I’m always a fierce defender of my town whenever someone calls it. 

However, went in today for the first time in a long time  and fuckin hell it’s an absolute shithole, a proper dump.

The gates shopping centre I think there were 6 shops not boarded up

It’s just filthy, everywhere. Like a ghost town. 
Bradshawgate needs flattening from bank st way to the old Williams garage was. 

The precinct from Olympus chippy down to McDonald’s is just utterly utterly depressing. Charity shops, cheap shops and a brand new paddy power.

Its fuckin embarrassing.

Edited by Rudy

16 minutes ago, Rudy said:

However, went in today for the first time in a long time  and fuckin hell it’s an absolute shithole, a proper dump.

The precinct from Olympus chippy down to McDonald’s is just utterly utterly depressing. Charity shops, cheap shops and a brand new paddy power.

Its fuckin embarrassing.

Early on Saturday evening i walked from Bolton interchange, down the precinct to the Town Hall, christ it was bleak.Litter everywhere, beggers pestering & gangs of young male Rayguns in full garb wandering around.

Depressing.

17 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Its fuckin embarrassing.

Felt similar when I went through the other day, it's so sad. I bloody loved Coffee Grind and thats gone. The walk through town, down Bradshawgate and to Travelodge at night is nothing short of scary. Filth and junk everywhere.

There's individual features that are really good. Le Mans Crescent and the museum, the Octagon, Northern Monkey, one or two businesses here and there that are a credit to the town but the rest, awful.

Then you visit some of these other towns on away days and they put ours to shame. Even Doncaster looked a pleasant place to visit compared to us.

• Site Supporter

That Bolton Bus station has a lot to answer for.

Buses are not where, or when they are supposed to be. Screens don't work, and neither do any of the hi-viz clad Blakeys.

I find it easier to go in the LJ than go to the Interchange for the town centre.

Bus wanker.