Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

• Moderators

"Three pints of lager please...", "How much you usually pay?" Also, that's their licensing problems sorted as Metro can do what they want.

Have you seen the sort of pond life who hang around smooking in the doorway of it anyway? I'd imagine it'll make the place no better or worse, I'll still be swerving it

You're right

I also like that across the road at the Balmoral there always used to be a mobility scooter parked up outside, always made me chuckle. I hope it's still there

• Site Supporter

Truth is, a night out in Bolton is just a few hours of drinking with gangs of sinister morons who've spent most of the week swilling gallons of monster milk protein drinks.

They've hit the weekend with £500 to spend on shit bing, fluorescent drinks and cat food, and just want to twat anyone they can, before dragging some god awful tart back to their two bob shitcave so they can attempt to thumb a semi erect cock up their arse.

Anyone fancy it?

• Site Supporter

Truth is, a night out in Bolton is just a few hours of drinking with gangs of sinister morons who've spent most of the week swilling gallons of monster milk protein drinks.

They've hit the weekend with £500 to spend on shit bing, fluorescent drinks and cat food, and just want to twat anyone they can, before dragging some god awful tart back to their two bob shitcave so they can attempt to thumb a semi erect cock up their arse.

Anyone fancy it?

Where do I sign up..

Possibly the best description I've read of bolton.. But missing the part where an eastern European that doesn't drink,stands around eyeballing young ladies.

• Members

Bolton as always been a rough as fuck town, you will never change it.

We used to call that corner where The Swan is 'Death Corner'.

If you wanted a warm up for the terraces on Saturday, that general area was the place. Fucking madhouse.

• Site Supporter

Anyone fancy it?

Absolute quality!! I'll be chuckling all day

Anyone fancy it?

IMIN

Has Bolton ever really been a good place for a night out? 

My boozing life started out when there were places like The Lower Nags Head and The Griffin. Fuck me, enter them places and it really was worrying if you could keep the scars to a minimum

The Swan Cellar on a friday night and emerging later on, as said by Bolty, to that corner!!!

Only time I really remember Bolton being a decent night out was late 90's when everyone was "loving each other" due to the pills and the music. Bank Street was in it's infancy in terms of bars so it was a night round town, a walk down Bank Street and on to Mondo or Temple

Every 6 months I go to the dentist on the edge of town and drive through to see what it's like. Nothing would tempt me for a night out. It's fucking horrible 

Has Bolton ever really been a good place for a night out? 

My boozing life started out when there were places like The Lower Nags Head and The Griffin. Fuck me, enter them places and it really was worrying if you could keep the scars to a minimum

The Swan Cellar on a friday night and emerging later on, as said by Bolty, to that corner!!!

Only time I really remember Bolton being a decent night out was late 90's when everyone was "loving each other" due to the pills and the music. Bank Street was in it's infancy in terms of bars so it was a night round town, a walk down Bank Street and on to Mondo or Temple

Every 6 months I go to the dentist on the edge of town and drive through to see what it's like. Nothing would tempt me for a night out. It's fucking horrible 

My experience was 76 til 80. Was a cracking night out then. Town was buzzing fri sat & sun from 12:00 til 02:00. Catered for everyone. Swan corner wasn't that bad, good sport imo. Chippys were magic once the pubs closed. Thing is everyone tipped out at 7pm sharp, no fuckin need for pre drinks crap!