Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

8 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Except Horwich of course 

H is due to get a bottle bar/craft ale pub on Chorley New Road. 

To quote some councillor in the evening news a few years back it's 'the new didsbury'.

I'm goin Vegan and growing a beard. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If the area is done up well over time, it could well be quite an attractive place to live.

Got to start somewhere, and do it right and it could provide a boost to the town centre.

The lad speaks sense.

Perth city centre was a ghost town ten years ago. Since they decided to encourage city centre living, bars, restaurants, convenience stores etc. have popped up all over the place.

Used to be almost deserted with a few sparsely populated and grubby pubs open (owt decent was more aimed at the CBD workers at lunch times).

Huge selection now including one of my favourites, The Spaniard :D

https://www.thespaniard.com.au/

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If the area is done up well over time, it could well be quite an attractive place to live.

Got to start somewhere, and do it right and it could provide a boost to the town centre.

With the Church Warf development at the other end of Bradshawgate it needs something doing to the rest of it to perk it up. 

The big investment jobs are hard to get once they are in the smaller places in between soon pick up 

• Site Supporter

A lot of these new apartments are sold on a shared ownership deal. Half belongs to a housing association and half self-owned. 

Mate of mine had one of the ones at the old Lido cinema overlooking the Balmoral junction. Once he got married and had kids he needed to sell up and buy a house. That's when his problems started. He knew what he needed from his 50% of the sale to be put forwards into the next property. Unfortunately, the housing assoc. wouldn't let him sell. they wanted to maximise their profit and sell for more than the market value. They pretty much had him by the bollocks as they made his half unsellable.Eventually, he found a way around their stubbornness but he lost a couple of potential houses  on the way.

10 hours ago, MickyD said:

A lot of these new apartments are sold on a shared ownership deal. Half belongs to a housing association and half self-owned. 

Mate of mine had one of the ones at the old Lido cinema overlooking the Balmoral junction. Once he got married and had kids he needed to sell up and buy a house. That's when his problems started. He knew what he needed from his 50% of the sale to be put forwards into the next property. Unfortunately, the housing assoc. wouldn't let him sell. they wanted to maximise their profit and sell for more than the market value. They pretty much had him by the bollocks as they made his half unsellable.Eventually, he found a way around their stubbornness but he lost a couple of potential houses  on the way.

Isn’t one on the market there for £20k ?

Sound investment to rent out to the students,etc.

• Moderators
On 20/02/2019 at 08:40, MickyD said:

I suppose it depends on what he was trying to sell for and how soon it was after he'd originally bought the property

how did he get round it in the end?

the housing association do shared ownership to help people get on the market, and generally want to sell their share asap and get it off their books and have a tick in the box of another person fully on the housing ladder - never known them not to take market value (everyone in my block was shared ownership and either sold as shared ownership, or bought out the other share)

it's generally a good way to get on the ladder (so long as you buy as much of it as you can), but seen some in london where you only get to buy 10% and pay rent on 90% - mental

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...