Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Town Centre Latest

Smiley

Seem to remember (vaguely) a place around Bank Street possibly, in the late 90s there was a place you paid about a tenner or so to get in and as long as you took your empty back you got a free replacement

I used to think I was more savvy than most who would drink watered down pints as I went for bottles of Stella

Name escapes me though

Banana Bar is like that in Amsterdam.

Is it just me or have Clough's Opticians become a laughing stock and place of ill repute ?

The latest scandal is utterly cringeworthy and one out of a Carry On film.

Their father Brian must be looking down on them with sheer disgust and disdain.

With it obviously being an opticians, I hope you all saw what I did there......

• Moderators

Mr morris says

The interchange is being delivered by Transport for Greater Manchester in partnership with Bolton Council. And Cllr Morris says the transport improvements will continue to see visitor numbers rise and become an attractive alternative to Manchester city centre

Has he ever been to Manchester?

The site is made up of two key elements: a site formerly occupied by the Wayne Walker meat store, acquired by the local authority from the business in October 2016 after the owner decided to cease trading,

Bit of a bummer for the staff at Wayne Walkers who only found out when they turned up for work a couple of weeks ago to a shitty handwritten note on the door

• Site Supporter

Or a Carrs.

4 Carrs outlets now. (Not including the shops who just happen to sell Carrs as well as other stuff.

Manchester Road, Bolton Market, Halliwell Road and Corporation Street.

Pasty heaven in Bolton!

Had a job to do in the area on Tuesday and called into the town centre.  

I left saddened - druggies, beggars, foul mouthed kids & scummy people/familes everywhere. To say i felt unsafe would have been OTT but you get my drift. 

I know it's possibly indicative of many other towns but as a kid it was so nice.....

Couldn't wait to get back to Rossendale.....

:thumbsup:  

I also had the misfortune to go into the ghost town earlier.

It was deserted and apart from Le Mans Crescent, resembled a cesspit.

Beautiful part of town/Lancs that.  Such a shame Bolton didn't get on the tram network; as a kid it was lovely especially after they built the Market Place.  Always saddens me to hear of it being so shit nowadays.

I watched a video on YT t'other day someone filmed (probably with a massive hand held) around 92.  Still had the shooting fountains outside WHSmiths but Jesus the folk looked like they were still in the 50s, and the cars!  Looks so old but it really wasn't!  Or is this what getting old(er) does to you?

Here it is - goes into town down Manny road as well :)  ha ha just notice Clough's as well

Edited by madthatter