Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

If you read the article it says we owe 300k this month and if we don't pay it they MAY take further action

Its a piss poor article stating the blindingly obvious based on what would happen IF the club didnt pay paye, as if nobody knew that would happen. They might as well show a picture of george best and say this is what might happen if you drink too much.

Also 300k is an odd amount...that would suggest the wage bill is only in the region of a million a month.

The other issue is every supplier to BWFC is now reading this and thinking oh fuck so will want there bills for pies, printing etc etc paid now and when we want anything it'll all be cash upfront. We're on the very very slippery slope now only way to survive and get breathing space to think and act is administration the points deduction is irrelevant it's survival

Its a piss poor article stating the blindingly obvious based on what would happen IF the club didnt pay paye, as if nobody knew that would happen. They might as well show a picture of george best and say this is what might happen if you drink too much.

Also 300k is an odd amount...that would suggest the wage bill is only in the region of a million a month.

I worked it out at £650k based on 45% tax band for most footballers - either way it can't be right

Unless they part paid but if your not going to pay it all then you might as well use the bit you can pay on a new striker

I worked it out at £650k based on 45% tax band for most footballers - either way it can't be right

Exactly. If you take away personal allowances, pensions, and in our case possibly player image rights paid into the cayman islands in used 20s in leui of salary, then you'd collect roughly a third of the total wage bill including ni and eni. Nudge it up a bit more because of the higher tax bracket...

So "if" our monthly paye is 300k our wage bill is then less than a million a month...if we can't afford that we're proper fucked.

Or the article is speculative horseshit.

From the costs and losses reported previously I'd expect the monthly paye to be in excess of a million on its own. Would be even more if we had been paying win bonus ;)

Exactly. If you take away personal allowances, pensions, and in our case possibly player image rights paid into the cayman islands in used 20s in leui of salary, then you'd collect roughly a third of the total wage bill including ni and eni. Nudge it up a bit more because of the higher tax bracket...

So "if" our monthly paye is 300k our wage bill is then less than a million a month...if we can't afford that we're proper fucked.

Or the article is speculative horseshit.

From the costs and losses reported previously I'd expect the monthly paye to be in excess of a million on its own. Would be even more if we had been paying win bonus ;)

This season we get 8 million parachute and 3-4 million gate receipts and probably about 1 million from sponsorship so 1 million a month is just about all our incomings, next season without parachute we need to be surviving on about 3 million a season. Without investment proper fucked sums it up. Edited by Mounts Kipper

A trio of players in today's BN urging Eddie to step in.

KD wasn't complaining of financial mis management while his wages were going in the bank.

Let's not forget he was more than partly responsible for keeping us in the premier league and on the gravy train, it's ED, Gartside to blame and certainly not that crop of players.

This season we get 8 million parachute and 3-4 million gate receipts and probably about 1 million from sponsorship so 1 million a month is just about all our incomings, next season without parachute we need to be surviving on about 3 million a season. Without investment proper fucked sums it up.

I've missed a lot of what's been said but I read somewhere that the £8m had been potentially already spent based upon it coming in now

Therefore there's a good chance we are working on a much lower level of income / revenue / whatever you want to call it already

So what you've said about next season would essentially apply now

Edited by jules_darby

I've missed a lot of what's been said but I read somewhere that the £8m had been potentially already spent based upon it coming in now

Therefore there's a good chance we are working on a much lower level of income / revenue / whatever you want to call it already

So what you've said about next season would essentially apply now

Most likely.

Maybe, but the fans were told there was a plan in place for relegation, little did we know it was to disappear into the sunset and leave the club and fans high and dry.

Aye, what ED has done is take the 4 years parachute payments and then fuck it off.