Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

from the sound of lennon we might still have a chance

if its still like this on saturday, just get your arses to the ground

and get the arses of anybody who claims to be a fan of our great club to the ground

for too long the people of bolton have taken this club for granted

lets show it means something to more than a few of us

I think the problem is those of us that do care are the only ones turning up this season - we just dont get enough bums on seats to maintain the lifestyle to which we became accustomed  - there are just too many excuses given as to why people dont go.

I agree with what you say - anyone who can needs to be there on Saturday - it could be our last ever game, but a good attendance will show possible investors that there is a future at our club

• Moderators

I think the problem is those of us that do care are the only ones turning up this season - we just dont get enough bums on seats to maintain the lifestyle to which we became accustomed  - there are just too many excuses given as to why people dont go.

I agree with what you say - anyone who can needs to be there on Saturday - it could be our last ever game, but a good attendance will show possible investors that there is a future at our club

thats the one thing that comes to mind when the question of 'whats changed since we were giving amos a 4 year deal and giving clough a fat pay rise'

i can only assume we budgeted to be higher up the league with more people paying on the day

but 20 quid by 2000 x 10 times would still only be 400k

its whenever i start writing these numbers down, i realise how difficult it us for us to be competitive without somebody being willing to stand some significant losses

if we do get through this - as i'm confident we will in some form or other - i think we need to prepare for significant price hikes

timing will be great if we've been relegated but its where we are at

A former employee of BWFC told me that the attendance money was never enough and that most of the money coming into the club was from the commercial side of it, be it advertising, hospitality etc. What springs to mind is who in their right mind would pump money (commerical) into the club that are going nowhere fast.

The big questions for me that remain unanswered are

1 - have the ale providers been paid

2 - have they got sufficient stocks for Saturday?

3 - have the temp staff who are incapable of pouring a pint still willing to work for 7 quid an hour?

If yes to all them 3 I'll be happy come each match day.

There is fuck all point worrying about anything else, it's out of our hands, whatever will be will be.

You have to stop defending ED he has taken interest payments out of the club 22 million from 2010-2014 and plenty more before that, granted he's probably still down on the deal but to do what he's doing right now is unforgivable, he's still very wealthy and should have seen this period through and has the wealth to do just that.

Incorrect. (Apart from the current wealth bit, nobody has any idea on that)

And I can't be arsed telling you why again because you don't listen, but you're wrong.

3 - have the temp staff who are incapable of pouring a pint still willing to work for 7 quid an hour?

There is fuck all point worrying about anything else, it's out of our hands, whatever will be will be.

That's all contracted out to heathcotes so should be reet.

None of us can really know what has gone on with ED. 

For all we know, he may have said three years ago "I am out of here at the end of 2015" and a combination of incompetency, ego and bluff-calling (he'll never pull out because he is a true fan) from the current management team has resulted in the current situation. 

Not sure you can build a business model anyway on the long term benevolence of an elderly man living offshore with the scale of losses we have been experiencing. It was bound to end badly unless we cut our cloth or found new owners with a similar outlook.

Division 1 if we survive won't be that bad. First started following BWFC when down in Div 2 and that for me is still the best of times since I have been an active supporter 

The call to arms shouts are right

A win might not change whats about to happen to us

But the club and the players need us more than ever... and we need them.

I feel let down though by ED, PG and co

For years we were told its not really a debt

It will all be okay etc

Well it fuckin wasnt

Its happened on their watch

Bastards.

• Site Supporter

Im with Stevie on this

Incorrect. (Apart from the current wealth bit, nobody has any idea on that)

And I can't be arsed telling you why again because you don't listen, but you're wrong.

I listen but have decided the accounts are a set of manipulated figures and therefore I don't think there worth the paper there wrote on. The only thing that matters is that Bolton Wanderers continue and to that end a supposedly wealthy lifetime wanderer has left us in the shit through dereliction of duty.

While pages of this and other similar threads have all blamed either or both of PG/ED) for our demise, there's been little or no mention of the role of the Chief Executive in all of this. This is by no means an insignificant post at a top football club, and it'd be hard to imagine that ours would have any different brief, yet Moores gets no mention at all, as though PG sits in the offices at the Macron all day directing every bit of administrative and financial business undertaken.

Maybe it's because their owners were from afar and he has to have more of a profile, but I know more about Derek Shaw, Roverrs chief exec and his role with them than I do about ours.   

• Site Supporter

I don't really care who's to blame but the club has been mis-managed for years. At least it seems like things are starting to unravel now and maybe things will get worse before they get better again.

The time now has come to stop pointing the finger of blame and get on with the here and now of making sure we have a football team to support - then get the right people in place making the right decisions for the good of the club

• Site Supporter

I listen but have decided the accounts are a set of manipulated figures and therefore I don't think there worth the paper there wrote on. The only thing that matters is that Bolton Wanderers continue and to that end a supposedly wealthy lifetime wanderer has left us in the shit through dereliction of duty.

tin-foil-hat-3.jpg