Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

As I remember we didn't get great crowds at Burnden either close knit possibly well supported. .no .I think we got something like 5000 for a home league cup game & we were a premier club at the time .At the end of the day we have a hard core of 6-7 thousand maybe less that's the reality wherever we play our home games.

As I remember we didn't get great crowds at Burnden either close knit possibly well supported. .no .I think we got something like 5000 for a home league cup game & we were a premier club at the time .At the end of the day we have a hard core of 6-7 thousand maybe less that's the reality wherever we play our home games.

When we were in the lower leagues we were lucky to get 5k for league games some weeks. People had just given up. Same will happen again, but it'll look even worse at the Macron - or the Olympus Chippy stadium as it'll be known then.

Sad to admit but its true. Think it might have been Gonzo that said ages ago, if anything approaching like whats gone on here went on at many other clubs they'd be marching through town in protest in their thousands, but we just aren't that kind of club or support

• Moderators

Sad to admit but its true. Think it might have been Gonzo that said ages ago, if anything approaching like whats gone on here went on at many other clubs they'd be marching through town in protest in their thousands, but we just aren't that kind of club or support

see, nothing 'bad' has gone on here

yes we've a ridiculous debt but that STILL isnt the problem

the problem is we no longer have somebody able to cover the excesses

if another mug was willing to take on the running costs, we'd be fine

sadly, daft blokes willing to take a hit of 10s of millions are hard to find

• Site Supporter

Nobody but a clever clogs like you Cheese eh? Supporters support, they don't get paid massive amounts to make the financial decisions. We are talking after relegation here. That's when the financial incompetence has really hurt us and Owen Coyle started dishing out crazy contracts to shite players, but no one thought to reign him in. It's eye watering what the likes of Mears, Sordell, Andrews, N'Gog, Wilde, etc were taking out of the club in wages and I think had people known at the time we might have been worried.

I'm not saying anyone is bent or fucking us over but this situation we are in is an indictment of those trusted with running the club whichever way you look at it. Blaming the supporters just makes a few smug people on here feel superior.

No, definitely not me either. And where did I "blame" anyone????

my first season was 87/88 promotion year and crowds were between 4-5k,think burnley was highest but no more than 10k

No it started in 2008.

We backed Megson, when we wouldn't back Sam, we had a plan to bring in young talent which we could sell, sorry 'trade', for profit. Ultimately the plan failed.

We got a heavier squad, over paid them, then started over spending to try to stay in the Prem.

In fact, I won't go on, if you don't know the facts I'm not educating you. We gambled, we lost & lost & lost.

As is a favoured response on here.....

It's all in the accounts

Come on. You almost mid rant then. Finish :D

• Site Supporter

I'm one of these who still wouldn't be arsed going even if tickets were a fiver.

The costs irrelevant, our Reading trip was over 500 quid in the end but we had a good weekend. The match day experience at Bolton is absolutely awful, you cant keep on treating your customers like shit time and time again for years and years and expect them to keep coming back.

I've tried to take the kids but they are bored to tears and the pictures or bowling etc is always the preferred option.

Anyone who doesn't sit and politely applaud seems to be singled out immediately. Its a football match, not the theatre.

I'm one of these who still wouldn't be arsed going even if tickets were a fiver.

The costs irrelevant, our Reading trip was over 500 quid in the end but we had a good weekend. The match day experience at Bolton is absolutely awful, you cant keep on treating your customers like shit time and time again for years and years and expect them to keep coming back.

I've tried to take the kids but they are bored to tears and the pictures or bowling etc is always the preferred option.

Anyone who doesn't sit and politely applaud seems to be singled out immediately. Its a football match, not the theatre.

We must go to a different Bolton Wanderers

I've been going for years and not once been treated like shit.

• Moderators

I've had a think and I can only name twice I've been treated like shit. Once, the only time I was in the posh posh seats. Jumped up little official informed me I shouldn't be in there. What the fuck! Secondly, Braga at home, sat in Crazy Corner. Some steroid head steward got a young lad in a headlock and dragged him out, going through me rather than round me. Ignorant cunt. The most positive word you could ever use is "indifferent".

• Moderators

Ive had to contact the club this week and its great to see the staff going aroubd their normal business. Even though they have job worries, they are still doing their best for the club.

They are a credit to bwfc.

Tough time for alot of them who are not only staff, they are BWFC through and through.

• Site Supporter

i dont get this...

my 5 year old has been going for a couple of years and fucking loves it.

i used to sit in LOV but came out as i didnt feel he wouldnt appreciate a proper football experience in there.

never been treated like shit, that i can think of.

Edited by HomerJay

Ive had to contact the club this week and its great to see the staff going aroubd their normal business. Even though they have job worries, they are still doing their best for the club.

They are a credit to bwfc.

Tough time for alot of them who are not only staff, they are BWFC through and through.

Were you checking which row the free pies are on next home match?