Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Administration?

Mounts Kipper

Read somewhere that there's 300 non playing staff. Seems high for me that unless you are counting pint pullers etc.

Garty

Club shop x5

Ticket office x 8ish

Pitch men x5

Th'announcer

Reception bint

Marketing mon

Who else?

Edit - this is in jest before someone thinks I'm being serious

Edited by stevieb

Before the premier that was also pre administration.

Crowds comparison aside, if it is run well and the match day experience improved, why can't we aim for similar?

Southampton's situation was almost a mirror image to ours. Read their wiki page, it's interesting.

They fell on their feet in regards to an owner and dodged a bullet when a deal with some other consortium fell through prior to that. They also had a decent youth team - selling Oxlade Chamberlain for £15 million in league one probably helped them along the way too.

Read somewhere that there's 300 non playing staff. Seems high for me that unless you are counting pint pullers etc.

Garty

Club shop x5

Ticket office x 8ish NEVER

Pitch men x5

Th'announcer

Reception bint

Marketing mon

Who else?

• Moderators

Garty

Club shop x5

Ticket office x 8ish

Pitch men x5

Th'announcer

Reception bint

Marketing mon

Who else?

There are probably 120 stewards and turnstiles

Plus more matchday staff (ticket office)

Id probably say 100 full time and 200 part time?

Depends if hotel included

Where did it all go wrong. In the last two years or so the club (ED) has bought the hotel and submitted plans for a large development on land next to the ground, to include offices and a free school. Now were probably a few days from administration. I'm sure ED and his money were involved in these developments, so was there a massive fall out at board level to make ED withdraw funding. It just doesn't add up.

Where did it all go wrong. In the last two years or so the club (ED) has bought the hotel and submitted plans for a large development on land next to the ground, to include offices and a free school. Now were probably a few days from administration. I'm sure ED and his money were involved in these developments, so was there a massive fall out at board level to make ED withdraw funding. It just doesn't add up.

Oh my god.

ED does not own bwfc lock stock and barrel. Fildraw>Moonshift>Burnden Leisure.

Fildraw/Moonshift can't finance the Burnden leisure arm of their companies anymore or the whole lot will go caputt. Its either cut your leg off or die.

Are we still thanking Eddie and Phil for the great jobs they've done? We're on the verge going to the wall and some people think they're saints somehow. Surely the basic facts speak for themselves unlike the murky accounts. Bravo well done lads freedom if the town. The club belongs to the town and just hope the incompetent / bent haven't killed it.

• Moderators

Southampton's situation was almost a mirror image to ours. Read their wiki page, it's interesting.

They fell on their feet in regards to an owner and dodged a bullet when a deal with some other consortium fell through prior to that. They also had a decent youth team - selling Oxlade Chamberlain for £15 million in league one probably helped them along the way too.

Disley will prob sell clough for 500k

Boooo

Disley out

My new best mate Nixon said that there's new interest with real money but it's early days yet. Now I wonder if it's that Wild rumour someone told me on Saturday?

Early days? - the one thing we don't have is time, so hopefully this new interest can get things moving fairly quickly