Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

They'll be a pair together as Johnson has form with his 'letterbox', 'piccaninnies' and 'watermelon smiles' references. At least Johnson had the humility to apologise for the offence they caused

Not heard the other references you posted, but the letterbox comment is something folk have used for ages. 

It's not a far fetched analogy, but perhaps a little course for a senior MP.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not heard the other references you posted, but the letterbox comment is something folk have used for ages. 

It's not a far fetched analogy, but perhaps a little course for a senior MP.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-leadership-race-boris-johnson-called-black-people-piccaninnies_uk_5d0263bce4b0dc17ef059528

44 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I’ll second that, his remarks are totally indefensible.

Interesting you mention Ilhan Omar,  she had to apologise for anti Semitic remarks didn’t she ?

What are folks thoughts about her for those remarks ?

In case people missed it, I’ve agreed Trump’s remarks are totally indefensible, will his apology count like hers did ?

Has Trump apologised yet, last I heard he was suggesting the "victims" (if that's what they are) should actually apologise to him.

If he does get around to apologising, then of course his apology should count just as much as hers did. Both of them should know better considering their respective jobs, and bearing in mind we're supposed to be living in the 21st Century

Edited by Sweep

Just now, Sweep said:

Has Trump apologised yet, last I heard he was asking the "victims" (if that's what they are) should actually apologise to him.

If he does get around to apologising, then of course his apology should count just as much as hers did. Both of them should know better considering their respective jobs, and bearing in mind we're supposed to be living in the 21st Century

No, especially not apologised yet, but in most folks eyes, he should do.

3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

No, especially not apologised yet, but in most folks eyes, he should do.

He probably should, or at least try and clarify what he meant (if he meant something else) - he won't though, as its probably increased his ratings amongst his target market, and he pretty much didn't give a fuck what people think about him, he'll end up spinning it, or trying to, that he's the one being wronged

2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

He probably should, or at least try and clarify what he meant (if he meant something else) - he won't though, as its probably increased his ratings amongst his target market, and he pretty much didn't give a fuck what people think about him, he'll end up spinning it, or trying to, that he's the one being wronged

Yes, I agree. I’d also say he’s chosen those “targets” for a specific reason.

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

Interesting you mention Ilhan Omar,  she had to apologise for anti Semitic remarks didn’t she ?

In case people missed it, I’ve agreed Trump’s remarks are totally indefensible, will his apology count like hers did ?

Purely for balance...

If she did mate then that is completely out of order too.... 

36 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Has Trump apologised yet, last I heard he was suggesting the "victims" (if that's what they are) should actually apologise to him.

It's just not in his psyche to ever admit he is wrong and god forbid apologise for anything. This will damage him but to what extent remains to been seen as his supporters are so brainwashed they will defend him at all costs

• Site Supporter

What did she say? I don't get antisemitism, especially in the UK as they represent a very low number of our population. However, I do not agree with some that say that to disagree with Israel's policy in regards to their borders, settlements and treatment of Palestinians is antisemitic, I believe it is not.

2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

Purely for balance...

He ain’t apologising is he? He’s just gone balls deep in an interview. 

12 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

What did she say? I don't get antisemitism, especially in the UK as they represent a very low number of our population. However, I do not agree with some that say that to disagree with Israel's policy in regards to their borders, settlements and treatment of Palestinians is antisemitic, I believe it is not.

It’s all in her tweets which she apologised for.

7 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Trump is a racist. People who support him are racist. People who try to pretend that not being racist is "extremist" are also racist.

Its time we faced facts, there are a lot of racist people in society generally.  We've tried the softly softly approach - but these people persist. And have done for decades. Perhaps its time to actually straight out just stop tolerating them? Their views are abhorrent and have no place in society anymore. 

Have I read that right? People who support Him are racist? 

I don't support him, but I do get his "if you don't like it here, then fuck off". The other aspect isn't good. Almost a resignation tweet.

Edited by boltondiver

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

And you are right