Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Not agreeing or disagreeing but what about the scientists who’s views differ? What about the scientists that said the world would be done by the millenium or that the majority of the UK would be under water by 2010? Why should people believe them now when what they have said in the past hasn’t happened?

https://thelogicofscience.com/2020/01/20/the-overwhelming-consensus-on-climate-change/

Have a read of this goes into why the small fraction of claims against climate change should be taken with a large pinch of salt

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, kent_white said:

It's the job of scientists who's views differ to offer a more convincing hypothesis than anthropogenic climate change to explain the phenomenon of global warming.

I don't know any scientists who predicted the majority of the UK would be underwater by 2010?

People should believe them because science remains the most accurate way human beings have developed to understand the way the world works and make predictions about the future. The fact that science has been, and will continue to be wrong is its strength. When a theory is put forward that better suits the data and can be proven experimentally - then the old one is thrown out and the new one becomes what we should run with, until we can do better yet again. 

I was having these same arguments with folk on here 10 years ago so it's sad that we're still having them now.

Bang on the money there.

Debating how "green" the Don is, is something of a distraction; there are others all over who need to come to the party too, for the good of everyone.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, kent_white said:

I don't know any scientists who predicted the majority of the UK would be underwater by 2010?

They didn't, some bird from horwich took a picture of a pond nearly breaking its banks up rivi on Facebook and it escalated from there

RW thinks Peter Kay is dead

• Members
14 hours ago, kent_white said:

Was that at myself or the few of us who offer tacit support?

Certainly not my hero - he's just getting an even break from me in the face of extraordinary abuse from those far too influenced by the liberal elite, left wing media and Hollywood 'celebrities'.

My hero is John Byrom (and Marvin Gaye, Reggie White, Prince Buster, Etienne De Mestre, the 1966 England team plus Terry Thomas).

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Certainly not my hero - he's just getting an even break from me in the face of extraordinary abuse from those far too influenced by the liberal elite, left wing media and Hollywood 'celebrities'.

My hero is John Byrom (and Marvin Gaye, Reggie White, Prince Buster, Etienne De Mestre, the 1966 England team plus Terry Thomas).

And the inventor of Bird’s trifle and flip flops

On 22/01/2020 at 15:13, frank_spencer said:

https://thelogicofscience.com/2020/01/20/the-overwhelming-consensus-on-climate-change/

Have a read of this goes into why the small fraction of claims against climate change should be taken with a large pinch of salt

Imagine if the scientists were wrong and we ended up cleaning our air and repairing our ecosytems for nothing.  

Even if you are daft enough to deny man-made climate change- you can't deny the climate science behind wildlife loss and ecosystem change. And if we end up loosing pollinators we really are up shit creek. 

No stable economy on a dead planet. Trumps policies lack any form of long-term economic stability. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/climate/trump-environment-water.html

On 26/01/2020 at 01:29, bolty58 said:

Etienne de Mestre? 

Very good. Not many on here will know the name without googling. Extraordinary man.

• Members
1 hour ago, Traf said:

Etienne de Mestre? 

Very good. Not many on here will know the name without googling. Extraordinary man.

But an erudite and learned man like yourself will. I knew that C. Cream always rises to the top :D ;)

• Site Supporter

Kudos to his Tango-ness for the Middle East Peace Deal.

its weighted fairly heavily in the Israeli favour, but any POTUS would do the same.

The Palestinian mob won’t go for it, but at least he’s had a try.

A thumbs up from me.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Kudos to his Tango-ness for the Middle East Peace Deal.

its weighted fairly heavily in the Israeli favour, but any POTUS would do the same.

The Palestinian mob won’t go for it, but at least he’s had a try.

A thumbs up from me.

Moving the embassy and declaring it the capital didn't go down too well with the Palestinians unfortunately.

Worth a try of course, never going to be accepted though. Not sure a solution will ever be reached.