Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seen that before. We know he's bonkers, but selective videos like that do a disservice to Andrew Neil. Reckon he is better than that and shouldn't be putting it out there.

Or is it a different Andrew Neil?

It is the BBC Andrew Neil. I get what you're saying, especially from an active political presenter on telly but I think most BBC faces have nailed their colours to the mast re. Trump now. What's with the "Hoax" stuff though, how negligent a comment is that?!

Does Neil still have his early evening show on BBC2? I miss This Week it was good.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It is the BBC Andrew Neil. I get what you're saying, especially from an active political presenter on telly but I think most BBC faces have nailed their colours to the mast re. Trump now. What's with the "Hoax" stuff though, how negligent a comment is that?!

Does Neil still have his early evening show on BBC2? I miss This Week it was good.

I think the BBC staff have definitely made their opinions known.

Not so sure it's ideal (with trade deals to start eventually) as he will use anything like that to bolster his ratings.

Just hope he's voted out before too long. Do need a good, credible alternative though.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seen that before. We know he's bonkers, but selective videos like that do a disservice to Andrew Neil. Reckon he is better than that and shouldn't be putting it out there.

Or is it a different Andrew Neil?

how is it selective? unless there are days where he looked like he knows what he's talking about it's an accurate representation of his attitude towards it

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

Is it a defence or an accurate observation? 

#Obsessed

I think we all agree he’ll get voted in.

You seem to think he’s great.

which, plainly, he isn’t.

hope that clears this up. 😊

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I think we all agree he’ll get voted in.

You seem to think he’s great.

which, plainly, he isn’t.

hope that clears this up. 😊

You said I was defending him, stating it’s a bad state of affairs when the worlds super power can only offer him and Biden isn’t a defence, that’s quite obvious to the most simple of folk. 
Hope that clears this up 😉

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

You said I was defending him, stating it’s a bad state of affairs when the worlds super power can only offer him and Biden isn’t a defence, that’s quite obvious to the most simple of folk. 
Hope that clears this up 😉

You think he’s great though.

Don’t you..?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

how is it selective? unless there are days where he looked like he knows what he's talking about it's an accurate representation of his attitude towards it

It's pieced together clips of him. Selecting bits that make him appear at his worst.

I know he's a nobber, but I don't see it as a BBC journalist's job to be posting stuff like that about a world leader.

Putin is a corrupt, nasty piece of work but he's pretty much portrayed with a straight bat.

Much rather they just stick to news items with clips of his briefings and let the public make their own mind up.

He'll just love this from Neil- more power to his elbow.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's pieced together clips of him. Selecting bits that make him appear at his worst.

I know he's a nobber, but I don't see it as a BBC journalist's job to be posting stuff like that about a world leader.

Putin is a corrupt, nasty piece of work but he's pretty much portrayed with a straight bat.

Much rather they just stick to news items with clips of his briefings and let the public make their own mind up.

He'll just love this from Neil- more power to his elbow.

from what I've seen, it's clips of him going about what he thinks is his job as a president to the best of his abliity

I'd very much doubt there's any clips showing him at his "best"

he probably wont even notice what Neil is saying, because he's one of many people saying exactly the same thing, they're all at it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/19/trumps-made-lot-promises-americans-about-coronavirus-outbreak-many-havent-become-reality/

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

from what I've seen, it's clips of him going about what he thinks is his job as a president to the best of his abliity

I'd very much doubt there's any clips showing him at his "best"

he probably wont even notice what Neil is saying, because he's one of many people saying exactly the same thing, they're all at it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/19/trumps-made-lot-promises-americans-about-coronavirus-outbreak-many-havent-become-reality/

I know all that. The bloke is a loon, we all know.

Just not the job of the BBC to be telling everyone. In particular a high ranking, esteemed journalist.

Highlights the problem of social media for me.

Just prefer them to stick to news programs and interviews. Keep to the moral high ground and don't fall into his cess pit.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know all that. The bloke is a loon, we all know.

Just not the job of the BBC to be telling everyone. In particular a high ranking, esteemed journalist.

Highlights the problem of social media for me.

Just prefer them to stick to news programs and interviews. Keep to the moral high ground and don't fall into his cess pit.

he's doing it himself, everytime he speaks out in public

like yesterday

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-29/trump-suggests-a-new-york-hospital-losing-masks-because-of-crime

if he carries on he's going to have a load of his fans wanting to go back to work in a few weeks despite NYC being like a war zone with medical staff not being given what they need to do their jobs

so what does he do?  suggests masks are being stolen, and can't comprehend why they'd need so many anyway

I think every news outlet is well within their rights as journalists to point out the awful job he's doing at the moment, he's being reckless/ignorant/irresponsible and needs calling out - lives are at risk here

A presidential election always favours the incumbent, it’s basically a vote on the President rather than who he is up against 

This one will boil down to how many dead bodies over the coming months and the general reaction to this Pandemic 

If it’s hundreds of thousands of dead and bodies on a hospital Car Park as they can’t get beds then he’s toast. You could put Jeremy Corbyn up against him and he would make a fist of it 

If America gets on top of it then he’s a shoe in for re election

Talking about being back open for Easter won’t do him any favours though, he’s going to look a right dick head in 6 months if they’re still fighting the pandemic with social distancing 

Lets see if the election even goes ahead in November, be hard to see that if it’s anything like it is right now. That would work for Trump 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

A presidential election always favours the incumbent, it’s basically a vote on the President rather than who he is up against 

This one will boil down to how many dead bodies over the coming months and the general reaction to this Pandemic 

If it’s hundreds of thousands of dead and bodies on a hospital Car Park as they can’t get beds then he’s toast. You could put Jeremy Corbyn up against him and he would make a fist of it 

If America gets on top of it then he’s a shoe in for re election

Talking about being back open for Easter won’t do him any favours though, he’s going to look a right dick head in 6 months if they’re still fighting the pandemic with social distancing 

Lets see if the election even goes ahead in November, be hard to see that if it’s anything like it is right now. That would work for Trump 

You had me until then.

• Members
20 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

As Bernie Sanders isn't looking likely to be the democratic nominee Corbyn wouldn't get the job either as they're pretty close ideologically

They are similar. Have big ideas but don’t go into who’s gonna pay for it. I like Bernie as a person but he’s a bit of a fantasist. Corbyn is a fantasist and a gobshite and a scruffy twat.

• Members
16 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Two words: Ashley Judd

This thread has always been about watching and mocking or criticising Trump, because of who he is

The only reason it's been "left to Hystericals" is because you and his other fan boys on here can't defend him anymore

Incorrect. Thread left to you lot to pick the carcass clean until you realise there's nothing left.

Fan boys my fucking arse. It won't be long until some of you twisted types work out a way to show that The Don is solely and completely to blame for the emergence of this virus in the first place.

• Members
12 hours ago, Spider said:

You think he’s great though.

Don’t you..?

This is exactly where you and your ilk go wrong.

No; but I think there's a chance he might be the least worst. When I see what's lined up on the other side and the bitter and twisted antics of those utter scumbags Pelosi and Schumer I conclude that we might be better with an eccentric but successful business type leader of the free world than a sinister, devious, self centred snout in the trough type who I wouldn't even let hug my grandchildren.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

No; but I think there's a chance he might be the least worst. When I see what's lined up on the other side and the bitter and twisted antics of those utter scumbags Pelosi and Schumer I conclude that we might be better with an eccentric but successful business type leader of the free world than a sinister, devious, self centred snout in the trough type who I wouldn't even let hug my grandchildren.

What was that about visceral hatred?

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Sorry.

i was mistaking the jubilant “4 more years” type phraseology as a validation for him.

I didn’t realise you all thought he was shit.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d get to thinking that you only like him because he upsets most people.

But at least you and Royal are now on board. It was only a matter of time. 👍

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Sorry.

i was mistaking the jubilant “4 more years” type phraseology as a validation for him.

I didn’t realise you all thought he was shit.

If I didn’t know any better, I’d get to thinking that you only like him because he upsets most people.

But at least you and Royal are now on board. It was only a matter of time. 👍

Obsessed