Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

Not sure about anyone else but it made my piss boil that the moronic combover deliberately avoided any mention of guns or firearms yesterday in his address to the nation on the tragedy. Focusing instead on the mental health angle.

Am sure thats fuck all to do with the $11million the NRA spent on advertising for Trump or the $35 million it spent advertising against the Democrats leading up the last election.

• Site Supporter

The whole purpose of an Assault Rifle is to kill people.

If you own one and you're not currently on active service in the military, then you're clearly a terrorist/murderer in the making.

Exactly

This amendment they fucking rattle on about was written at a time when the most bullets a gun could fire was 6 in about 30 seconds.

Now, an AR can discharge about 180 bullets in that time.

Let the daft cunts have a revolver if they must, but there is no reason a civilian should have access to what is basically a weapon of mass destruction

Will never happen, the more mass shooting that happen results in more guns being bought

Anyone owning a gun in my eyes should be immediately sectioned. The vast majority of people in the UK don’t own weapons. Why? Because we aren’t psychopaths.

The only reason they won’t outright ban gun ownership or at least regulate it is the NRA contributions to political parties especially the Republican Party. State sponsored murder is what it amounts to. Nothing else.

Anyone owning a gun in my eyes should be immediately sectioned. The vast majority of people in the UK don’t own weapons. Why? Because we aren’t psychopaths.

The only reason they won’t outright ban gun ownership or at least regulate it is the NRA contributions to political parties especially the Republican Party. State sponsored murder is what it amounts to. Nothing else.

We don't face the real prospect of being robbed at gun point etc

Living in the US you do.  I'd probably want one myself if I lived in a shite area and I hate the idea of guns being around kids.  A slightly more effective defensive  technique than the butt end of a pool cue under the bed :)

Edited by madthatter

We don't face the real prospect of being robbed at gun point etc

Living in the US you do. I'd probably want one myself if I lived in a shite area and I hate the idea of guns being around kids. A slightly more effective defensive technique than the butt end of a pool cue under the bed :)

We don’t face that threat because we don’t allow guns. Funny that isn’t it?

We don’t face that threat because we don’t allow guns. Funny that isn’t it?

I know but they do and have done in the US for quite some time . . . 

You know that though, i'm sure.  You can't simply just 'ban' guns there, it's the real world, not the student ideology lounge

Start by limiting and tightening ownership laws, then over time you could start to maybe revisit the idea of total removal in the public domain.  Our culture, or anybody else's, can't be directly compared.

• Members

I'm wasting my time, but seriously go and do some reading of facts. Not the sources that present what you want to hear. There is no left wing media (outside of a few extreme publications) in the states.

Fake news is a ridiculous and obvious meme designed to try and suppress information. 

The majority of Americans didn't support Trump. You can't get away from that. The majority of Americans are not left wing extremists, the majority are on the right of politics. Christ the majority of republicans don't support Trump. 

You are wasting your time as am I.

Adios.

We don’t own weapons because in most cases we aren’t allowed to!

The reason they won’t ban it is because the majority of people don’t want it banned!

The reason they won’t ban it is because the majority of people don’t want it banned!

What is your source for that? All polling I've seen suggests that the majority of Americans, at the very least, want tighter gun control. 

• Site Supporter

Tighter gun control is far different then banning guns, which will never happen because of a little thing in the American constitution called the 2nd amendment

Why don't the thick cunts just make another amendment that says guns are fucking daft?

Amendment. The clue is in the name.

• Site Supporter

What is your source for that? All polling I've seen suggests that the majority of Americans, at the very least, want tighter gun control. 

The majority of gun lovers probably don't do on-line polls. They probably have nothing to go on-line with. These folk are people who believe that these shootings are probably God's will anyway. They really are that religiously deluded.

The majority of gun lovers probably don't do on-line polls. They probably have nothing to go on-line with. These folk are people who believe that these shootings are probably God's will anyway. They really are that religiously deluded.

Indoctrinated. To me they are like Muslim terrorists. Could we arrange for all of them to be shipped off somewhere to slug it out against each other far away from everyone else?

• Site Supporter

Why aren't you allowed to own a gun? I know quite a few people who own guns in the UK perfectly legally. There's a gun shop 10 minutes away from my house.

• Site Supporter

Tighter gun control is far different then banning guns, which will never happen because of a little thing in the American constitution called the 2nd amendment

The 2nd amendment states "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Notice the words "well regulated". And as Spider said, it was an 'amendment' to the US Constitution - made in 1791 when guns were either musketts or single-shot pistols that took time and skill to load, and once you'd pulled the trigger, you had to go through the loading process all over again. Plus, George Washington himself said the Constitution should be fluid and modified in accordance with the technology of the time.

The argument that it is impossible to regulate guns in the U.S is fucking bollocks. It's Religious fanaticism to say "the historical text says this, so that's how it must be".

also notice the words "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed", the Militia argument went to the supreme court and lost, so I don't think it will ever go back

But what I said was "tighter gun control is different then banning", Clinton brought in a law banning AR's, but it had to redone very few years, Bush let that lapse and since then AR-15's seem to be the weapon of chose, Trump wrote an EO  (over turning one that Obama put in place) to stop people with mental health issues from getting there hands on guns.

So we have a Dem that writes a law followed by a Republican undoes it, then a another Dems write another law and the next Republican undoes that one ... do you see a pattern

Edited by tyldesley_white

• Site Supporter

So we have a Dem that writes a law followed by a Republican undoes it, then a another Dems write another law and the next Republican undoes that one ... do you see a pattern

Yes. It's fucking mental. I agree with you that it's highly unlikely things will change (if Sandy Hook didn't affect anything, nothing will), but the arguments used by the gun nuts are utter bollocks. Especially the "2nd amendment" one.

I watched a video on Facebook this morning of a bloke in the US sawing his own automatic rifle in half. He spent about 5 minutes talking about how he was a legal gun owner - but also made the argument that so were the people who slaughtered those schoolkids the other day or the Las Vegas shooter. He couldn't live with the idea that his gun could inflict that kind of damage - so he'd taken it upon himself to decommission it.

Maybe that's the answer. Make it about taking personal responsibility rather than asking the state to do it for you. Might be more palatable to most gun nuts that way?