Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

Potentially a big shot in the arm for the UK outside of the EU. I'd imagine Trump will be quite keen to set up trade deals with a country he sees as moving in the same direction as him.

Potentially a big shot in the face for those of us who think we should be dealing with climate change - as he's already threatened to pull out of the Paris climate change agreement and rebuild the US coal industry.

Fuck knows what will happen now. We're in Brexit type territory really - nobody has a clue. America have voted for the hope of improvement at the cost of stability. Time will tell I suppose.

Can anyone explain to me, in simple terms, why Clinton would have been any better than Trump?  Especially for the 'blue collar' types.  Which to be fair, make up the majority of the voters in good 'ol US of A?

Not really understanding all the fuss

Because overall America blue collar types actually have it ok currently under Obama and Clinton was probably going to continue on from Barry.

Trump and his 'everything is shit i will make it better' rhetoric actually made enough americans believe him and vote him in.

She wouldn't have been! It was more of being shat on. Their health premiums have gone through the ceiling due to an Obamacare policy they hate and she has not said a single thing all campaign that even hinted at any interest in working and lower middle class people whatsoever. And they're supposed to be the leftists! Trump might be an arse but at least his rhetoric has told ordinary working people, especially white ones, that he is interested in them, cos no-one else is. It was a terrible statement of how out of touch the Democrats have become that the best choice they could come up with was an self-anointed career politician whose name is dirt with half the population, who'd have spent her entire Presidency in congressional hearings trying to explain away prior misdemeanors and an octogenarian near-communist. I don't know why anyone should be surprised at the result. Which, to be selfish about it, is much better news for Brexit Britain than Clinton. Trump will fail of course and lots of his supporters will be very disappointed by the next four years but this might at least give the Democrats a chance to move on from the Clinton dynasty as they enter the obscurity they deserve.

Because overall America blue collar types actually have it ok currently under Obama

In what way can this possibly be true???

Edited by Maggie Tate

Can anyone explain to me, in simple terms, why Clinton would have been any better than Trump? Especially for the 'blue collar' types. Which to be fair, make up the majority of the voters in good 'ol US of A?

Not really understanding all the fuss

Because Trump is full of shit. Not just ordinary politician question dodging type stuff but full on make it up as you go along bullshit. He has also made many racist, sexist and homophobic statements. It is not a recipe for a good president.

Because overall America blue collar types actually have it ok currently under Obama and Clinton was probably going to continue on from Barry.

Trump and his 'everything is shit i will make it better' rhetoric actually made enough americans believe him and vote him in.

Aye but what is he going to do that's so disastrous for the majority of US voters?  From what i've read he will perhaps improve their lot.  Those wiki leaks suggested Clinton was less than appreciative of the working Joes . . .

fwiw I think all politicians lie, self-serve etc but I don't really see how he'll be any worse for the majority than Clinton would have been.

Because Trump is full of shit. Not just ordinary politician question dodging type stuff but full on make it up as you go along bullshit. He has also made many racist, sexist and homophobic statements. It is not a recipe for a good president.

Was, well i'd say discussing but arguing would be more truthful, with my Mrs about this earlier.   Yes he did; he's media naive/untrained and a loud-mouthed egotist granted; but he wears his heart on his sleeve, is honest and upfront - qualities I find admirable if I'm honest.   Clinton is a more 'sleek' presentation I'd give you that.   But politics is all smoke and mirrors, unfortuntaely.

imo it should be about policies that improve the lot of the majority not about quotes from ten years ago about lasses that both you and I would make in a heartbeat.  Have you seen the Clinton wiki leaks?  Much 'worse' imo than anything Trump had/has said.  

Gets on my tats that politics is all about the personality of the candidates and not their policies.  That being said, if you asked me who i'd rather spend an afternoon supping with it would be Trump every time - much more honest and entertaining and I might get a free round of golf thrown in ha ha ;) 

The American public has got what it wanted.  That's how democracy works isn't it?  There'll be no WW3 and if there is it won't be purely down to Trump and his open admiration for sexy women ;) 

Aye but what is he going to do that's so disastrous for the majority of US voters?  From what i've read he will perhaps improve their lot.  Those wiki leaks suggested Clinton was less than appreciative of the working Joes . . .

fwiw I think all politicians lie, self-serve etc but I don't really see how he'll be any worse for the majority than Clinton would have been.

I've not seen anything from him that would benefit any american tbh.

Domestic issues he may not be any worse than Clinton would have been but on the global stage is where i fear he'll do more damage.

One of these days the elites will learn that they need to pay attention to the humble little man who goes to work every day, feeds his family, says nothing and then once every now and again, votes.

And the elite will learn that you can say anything you want, no matter how heavy on the bullshit and the humble little man will lap it up

Some truth in both of those statements I reckon.

Imagine a world where folk got a press/media that focused solely on facts, policy and educated projections and without any spin and propaganda/agendas . . . people might be able to vote with some clarity :) 

Domestic issues he may not be any worse than Clinton would have been but on the global stage is where i fear he'll do more damage.

On the global stage, Clinton & Obama have presided over a fall to the worst relationship between USA & Russia in years, & in Syria, as secretary of state, Clinton made a complete mess of the job by backing the anti Assad Islamists & was only saved by the Russians.

Trump is a dick, but at least he has has been more conciliatory to the Russians.

• Members

Well, without trying too hard,  if he rebuilds their steel industry by taxing the fuck out of cheap Chinese steel imports, I can see many thousands of Americans who will benefit.

Your beloved Pittsburgh may well be a major beneficiary.

Maybe you just don't want to see? None is so blind..........................

quick search found , for example, these

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwUzvLlW8AERKn1.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwW-dEpXEAAsK2u.jpg

(theyre copies/highlighted edits, the 'proper' ones will be on wikileaks or the fbi website or summat)

.. Which , iirc, They let 'her / an aide of hers / whoever' off with , even though Sidney Blumenthal or whoever she were trying to email them to (and not succeding , hence the request to print them off) - has as much Security Clearance as me. 

Whatever she couldnt email, if its in the dumps, is probably redacted with a big white square.

but it's this that's the thing thats on going still---

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3901376/Secret-recordings-fueled-FBI-s-desire-probe-Clinton-Foundation-case-moves-likely-indictment.html

, even if they wave that off too, imo it doesnt look good or trustworthy or whatever and people mustve weighed it up in their minds.

She tried running out the clock and instead the voting public Herm Edwards-ed Donald Trump into the endzone.