Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

Personally, I think we're in the middle of seismic change. The old rules of party politics will sooner no longer apply (it's only two more election cycles until my 10 year old can vote) and that generation are unlike any before them. This is the death rattle of neoliberalism and probably about time, for too long have the poorer have been patronised and promised things that have not been delivered.

Trump? Could have been a wax statue, anything to disrupt a political agenda that focuses on paying lip service to the working classes whilst mocking them. It's a sad day because of who is now the leader of the free world, but I spoke to my dad today. A man who was in Cuba in 68 but went on to lead a GM school and never voted labour after the union's betrayal of Callahan. So a pragmatist.

For him this is still the biggest shift in global politics in his 71 years. If people feel they have no voice because of education or lack of, a fear of the 'other' and a constant rejection of any view outside the liberal group think then you create a toxic mix which is what we have seen this year.

A shocking day, not a shocking result.

When Hillary was preparing to accept nomination for an NY seat in the Senate she appeared on the Letterman show, where to her apparent surprise, he said he would ask her a number of questions about the state. She was sort of reluctant, but agreed. Some questions she gave good answers to, others she was quite good for off the cuff, and a couple she said she aimed to get to know the state better and quickly. Quite impressive.

The only thing was the whole thing was staged - she had been told the questions beforehand, but answered in such a way that she was really surprised and answering pretty well in the circumstances.

She was, and is, a fraud.

I don't doubt it but staged answers on a talk show are not that important. They were two very bad candidates but you cannot defend Trump, he is a fabricating,underhanded, con artist.

Personally, I think we're in the middle of seismic change. The old rules of party politics will sooner no longer apply (it's only two more election cycles until my 10 year old can vote) and that generation are unlike any before them. This is the death rattle of neoliberalism and probably about time, for too long have the poorer have been patronised and promised things that have not been delivered.

Trump? Could have been a wax statue, anything to disrupt a political agenda that focuses on paying lip service to the working classes whilst mocking them. It's a sad day because of who is now the leader of the free world, but I spoke to my dad today. A man who was in Cuba in 68 but went on to lead a GM school and never voted labour after the union's betrayal of Callahan. So a pragmatist.

For him this is still the biggest shift in global politics in his 71 years. If people feel they have no voice because of education or lack of, a fear of the 'other' and a constant rejection of any view outside the liberal group think then you create a toxic mix which is what we have seen this year.

A shocking day, not a shocking result.

I'm not sure How the 'poor' have been patronised and had promises broken

Has Obama broken promises to them, Bush before him?

If they honestly believe that protectionism is the answer to all their problems then they have another thing coming.

What they forget is that any duties put on cheap imports only mean that the consumer has to pay more for the product, granted it means they are more likely to buy American but the extra cost to buy it squeezes the less well off people protectionism is trying to look after. As it stands the consumer gets what they want, the best value possible

That's before the you take into account that the Far East will put its own duties up stifling US exports and also dry up the tap of Chinese money that invests throughout the west and also buys up trillions of dollars of government bonds

Protectionism is an art of cutting your nose off to spite your face

What will these 'poor' people vote for when Trump doesn't revitalise the rust belt? Full on extremism

Take the right to vote away from them now

Edited by birch-chorley

I'm not sure How the 'poor' have been patronised and had promises broken

Has Obama broken promises to them, Bush before him?

If they honestly believe that protectionism is the answer to all their problems then they have another thing coming.

What they forget is that any duties put on cheap imports only mean that the consumer has to pay more for the product, granted it means they are more likely to buy American but the extra cost to buy it squeezes the less well off people protectionism is trying to look after. As it stands the consumer gets what they want, the best value possible

That's before the you take into account that the Far East will put its own duties up stifling US exports and also dry up the tap of Chinese money that invests throughout the west and also buys up trillions of dollars of government bonds

Protectionism is an art of cutting your nose off to spite your face

What will these 'poor' people vote for when Trump doesn't revitalise the rust belt? Full on extremism

Take the right to vote away from them now

If they have jobs they have some money and some self respect. Without jobs or low paid zero contract work they cannot afford those imported goods anyway. I think its time for change. There is more to life than the god of consumerism. 

If they have jobs they have some money and some self respect. Without jobs or low paid zero contract work they cannot afford those imported goods anyway. I think its time for change. There is more to life than the god of consumerism.

Aye some will get jobs but higher prices will be forced on every consumer squeezing many more household incomes than it helps

Some who rely on exporting will lose their jobs as the rest of the world reacts and puts up their own tarrifs to counteract the US ones

for a country that likes to keep government out of things this is a big change if tact. They might as well just put up taxes and pay the rust belters to stay at home and be uncompetitive there instead - save the rest of the US the higher prices

No Mexican wall. No ban in Muslims entering the country. The US military won't kill the relatives of terrorists. And Hilary won't go to jail. Trump prayed on the fear of the masses. As we found out during Brexit, all campaign promise's are there to be ignored when you've conned your way to your goal. The good people of America will find out that this Trump utopia won't happen any time..... ever. With this I fully expect their already fucked up under-class will descend even more. And ironically enough all this will be the establishments fault. They carefully nurtured this beast.

Trump will be assassinated, or mysteriously die before his term is up. YHIHF.

The sexism thing is interesting. Women haven't fallen for sisterhood act from Clinton. I had this conversation at work today. I'd not vote for a woman because she's the same gender as me, and I'm not alone. Modern feminism as opposed to all that hairy armpit lezzer shit.

Let's remember she preferred to dis her husbands hoes rather than her old man too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/09/hillary-clinton-failed-to-win-over-black-hispanic-and-female-vot/amp