Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Whichever way this election goes America faces an uphill battle.

Trump has fuelled divisions that will take decades to put right - and whilst simultaneously undermining the institutions that might help it recover. 

Still can't get my head around the fact that loads of us seem to be cheering him from the sidelines?

He 'tells it as it is' - or rather 'he tells it how I wish it would be'

You can see the seed of this from a long time ago, the whole PC gone mad nonsense, and the left have to take their share of the blame. Labour and Democrats have repeatedly sort to close sown anything that doesn't set to a certain urban, middle class agenda. Trump and Johnson don't win elections on a platform of progress, they win it on a platform of reaction. Labour deserved to have their arses handed to them in the last two elections, the perceived arrogance was distasteful, more listening and less telling wouldn't go amiss.

However, to support any party that just basis itself on what the other is not is not a way to move forward. As you say, it stops further progress. Integration, a mixed economy, the imbalances across the country - these are tough, difficult things to get right, a slogan won't do it as much as a the idea of British exceptionalism (woe betide anyone who asks a question, lest you are being unduly negative - most sensible people would call it rigor) 

To not question any leader or party smacks of an unconditional bias which should be best left to supporting Wanderers, and not supporting politicians. 

4 hours ago, kent_white said:

Whichever way this election goes America faces an uphill battle.

Trump has fuelled divisions that will take decades to put right - and whilst simultaneously undermining the institutions that might help it recover. 

Still can't get my head around the fact that loads of us seem to be cheering him from the sidelines?

I'd argue those divisions were already there, else he wouldn't have been elected in the first place. Undoubtedly he has exacerbated the problem though.

Edited by jmjhb

2 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Doesn't matter a jot. He could bum a puppy and drop kick a baby on live TV and his supporters will still be queuing up to wank him off.

I recall Cheese saying once, that Trumps supporters would happily let Trump rape their wives, and even hold them down to make it easier for him. He's sadly probably not wrong with that either

8 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I'd argue those divisions were already there, else he wouldn't have been elected in the first place. Undoubtedly he has exacerbated the problem though.

No I agree - that's why I said he's fuelled divisions - rather than caused them. Every US president has to wrestle with them. But they're bright/astute/ethical enough not to rip those wounds open and pour salt into them.

You have to question the character of someone who's happy to exploit divisions that will have long term negative consequences just to benefit himself in the short term. 

And not just on a national stage on an international stage as well. Withdrawing Paris Climate Change Agreement at a time of potentially existential threat and from WHO during a global pandemic are acts of global scale terrorism as far as I'm concerned. 

I hate the cunt!

• Members
15 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Interesting. I could speculate and sport a tin foil hat but it seems to be coming out now.

He’s guaranteed $400 in loans due in the next four years. Be interesting if he’s re-elected and they foreclosure on those loans.

I think the office is slipping away from him 

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Interesting. I could speculate and sport a tin foil hat but it seems to be coming out now.

He’s guaranteed $400 in loans due in the next four years. Be interesting if he’s re-elected and they foreclosure on those loans.

I think the office is slipping away from him 

I reckon even DT could cover $400 :)

1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

Doesn't matter a jot. He could bum a puppy and drop kick a baby on live TV and his supporters will still be queuing up to wank him off.

Bumming a puppy at the same time as drop kicking a baby?

That takes skill, no wonder they want to wank him off.

The more I think about this - the more I think he might have something up his sleeve. 

Say Biden goes on the offensive in the debate about DT's $750 tax bill. And then DT pulls out a document proving that Biden is wrong and he actually paid $10,000,000 - which shows that DT was right and it was fake news all along.

Be a masterstroke! 

And remember - this was a leaked document. Don't think it's come directly from the IRS has it? 

I just can't imagine DT would allow himself to only pay $750 in taxes. Particularly when he knows it's likely to get leaked or that he might find himself legally obliged to disclose it.

I smell a rat! 🧐

• Members
47 minutes ago, kent_white said:

The more I think about this - the more I think he might have something up his sleeve. 

Say Biden goes on the offensive in the debate about DT's $750 tax bill. And then DT pulls out a document proving that Biden is wrong and he actually paid $10,000,000 - which shows that DT was right and it was fake news all along.

Be a masterstroke! 

And remember - this was a leaked document. Don't think it's come directly from the IRS has it? 

I just can't imagine DT would allow himself to only pay $750 in taxes. Particularly when he knows it's likely to get leaked or that he might find himself legally obliged to disclose it.

I smell a rat! 🧐

I think the democrats will wait for the concrete proof before they use it. 

If he had been paying a super tax why not produce the evidence 4 years ago and look like a man of the people? 

3 hours ago, kent_white said:

Be a masterstroke! 

I smell a rat! 🧐

Cheese will be along shortly saying you’re thick and you don’t know how journalism works