Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton 2 Bwfc 2

Ratwhite

Grim

And the second gets no better

3 times vela starts running

3 times he stops

Yes just played it back frame by frame it took 5 seconds from the back heel (alarm bells should have gone off in Velas head then) for the goal to be scored Vela covered about 8 yards in that time he completely switched off. On the plus side a good strike for his goal.????

Vela was MOM for me with Heskey close second; ZC was a bit off the pace but has got a quality touch

All the starting 11 did OK but spearing did lose a lot of the ball; Madine offered nothing when he came on and we missed Heskey's presence.

Just hope Vela is OK because he won everything in midfield

Wanderers fans where great again tonight; we are top club

Finally home after a long day but well worth it.

Every single one of them lads who put on the white shirt tried their bollocks off tonight.  I know some have short comings and this can easier be seen when they scored but there was no doubting their commitment.

Bit worried that we look for Mavies with every short pass from the back and others bomb on.  On a greasy pitch like tonight there is no guarantee that he'll get it under control and progress and it put the fear of god in me when he lost it.

Best team by a mile after their first but done again when Moxey fell asleep.  If that had been on the right tonight it wouldn't have happened.  Holding looked steady and alert and did little wrong at RB.  Four at the back to those non-attenders guessing at 352.

Spearing MOM for me although the lads and lasses that made the effort to go come a very close second.  Very surprised how many we had there .... 400+???

Every single player, subs and NL all came over at the end with a big thanks for a great support.  Well done to all that went and backed the players all night.

p.s.  please Mr Feeney can you practice your crossing a bit more?  May be pull the odd one back to the pen spot or edge of the area?  Just a thought.

from what i hear, so long as we remain in touch by the time the window opens, theres every chance we can strengthen

Who would you replace / what position would we invest in?

Get another striker and we'll have four without even counting youngsters.

We have a shed full of centre midfielders.

We have more defenders than we know what to do with.

Wingers we have feeney and silva will be back soon. Plus walker and arguably pratley.

Who would you replace / what position would we invest in?

Get another striker and we'll have four without even counting youngsters.

We have a shed full of centre midfielders.

We have more defenders than we know what to do with.

Wingers we have feeney and silva will be back soon. Plus walker and arguably pratley.

We have four strikers but each one scores every 7 games and they have about 5 goals a season in them tops (Clayton aside).

We need someone that can put the ball in the net put simply

Just back. £1 each way on Mega Bus....live the dream !

No questions about any of the players' efforts or commitment last night to fight back like that.

Spearing made a big difference for the better. (he'll probably be dropped on Saturday )

Great to see 3 of our youngsters playing  & doing well.....Clough looked a bit rusty & missed a 2nd half chance but he also showed some lovely touches & he has a proper footballer's instinct to put himself in space at the right time in the right place.

The fans were great & i didn't hear any stupidity when we were 2 down,

The downside is that a draw probably wasn't enough when a poor Charlton side were there for the taking having lost a 2 goal lead & with their own fans on their backs.....but there were lots of positives.