Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best Right Back Ever

onlyoneawalker

I guess it depends in what era you where born in to be able to pick a particular right-back. I've seen many over the years, some good and some utter shite. My personal choice of right-back and I don't mean utility player who plays across the back would be John Ritson. He was a defender who could actually tackle not just guide a player onto his weak foot as they do these days.

Me.

I used to be able to boot them up in the air with my right foot, catch them on the way down with my left foot, yet do it so effectively the ref thought they'd tripped over a blade of grass.

All the while, I'd be waltzing back from whence they've just came, then ping a ball onto our strikers noggin, boom, back of the onion bag & back to the changing rooms for trophies & champers!

Piece of piss this footie makarky, back in my day.

Our kid weren't too shabby at left back neither

Edited by BOWTUN BAKED

Me.

I used to be able to boot them up in the air with my right foot, catch them on the way down with my left foot, yet do it so effectively the ref thought they'd tripped over a blade of grass.

All the while, I'd be waltzing back from whence they've just came, then ping a ball onto our strikers noggin, boom, back of the onion bag & back to the changing rooms for trophies & champers!

Piece of piss this footie makarky, back in my day.

Our kid weren't too shabby at left back neither

I don't recall the fabulous Baked boys playing for Bowton