Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Huddersfield 2

globaldiver

No it really isn't. Do you get to every game? This team is utter shit and deserves to be bottom, think even those who reckoned we had a good team on paper recognise that now. The lamentable state of the club off the pitch means there is no scope for improvement on it. It's the hope that kills you and the happy clappers can get lost. We are down, stop kidding ourselves. Take the medicine (administration, 12 points off) and bottom out, Best that can happen this season

No I don't get to every game - due to a combination of work commitments, students not getting paid very much and a 9 month old son who needs looking after.

If you're so convinced we're already doomed then why don't you donate your season ticket to me? You seem to despise going to the game anyway - at least I might enjoy myself and you could spend your Saturdays self flaggelating.

No up to us though Mounts is it? I'm not saying I want admin, far from it it will be disastrous. The players & manager have thrown the towel in well before the fans. Can't see anyone coming in and spending £20 -£30 million just to pay off the debts of the current lot. They are going to wait for administration and pick the club up for far cheaper

As depressing as it sounds I agree.

I used to be such a happy little clapper n'all

It's the whole shadow of admin which is bringing me down. Points wise that shower of shit should be able to get out of relegation but if and sadly I think it's a when admin kicks in I'll be gutted.

Will I get a season ticket next year though? Aye, course I will.

It's the hope that's killing me

Were fooked unless John Wayne turns up with the cavalry & a wagon load of cash  .Plenty games left & all that but realistically if no-one decent has stepped up yet ........its not going to happen now is it ?

Best we can hope for is a managed decline & hopefully the bottom will be div1 & then a re-build with no minus points etc .

I would take that now tbh.

• Site Supporter

Thought I'd reflect a while before posting owt, but nothing changes.

All a matter of opinions, but fwiw I reckon the back line isn't too bad.

Up top Madine just doesn't posses a goal scorers instinct. Needs more balls to feet to be fair, but mainly lacks a footballing brain. Clough does appear lightweight but for me is ahead of his team mates with his movement and passing. McAteer couldn't get in Marine's first team because he was considered too light weight!

Midfield for the biggest problem. No great pace. Pratley seems to have an exclusion zone around opposition penalty areas. If he's going to be purely employed deep, then Spearing should be in there. Vela a least won a few tackles in the second half, but once he was taken out it was like the parting of the sea.

As for Mark Davies; he ought to be embarrassed by his performance. Gutless. The sooner he's gone the better. Would young Tom Walker have done any worse?

Massively disappointed by nl's substitutions and his continual reliance on some of the higher salaried players to make the difference. Get rid, give them free transfers if necessary. Tossers to a man

No I don't get to every game - due to a combination of work commitments, students not getting paid very much and a 9 month old son who needs looking after.

If you're so convinced we're already doomed then why don't you donate your season ticket to me? You seem to despise going to the game anyway - at least I might enjoy myself and you could spend your Saturdays self flaggelating.

I don't 'despise' going, (don't look forward to it much either anymore if it's alright with you? it depresses me what has happened to my team and my club that is all. The hope has been drained away and it wouldn't hurt if I didn't care.

So its a combination of multiple shitness across the board.

The players are borderline good enough in areas, the tactics are woeful and the players are slightly less than fully motivated given they've been fucked around for their contracted dues. It isn't complicated, name a single player in any league who actually plays for the shirt. Whether your mortgage is £500 or £5000 pm, the money isn't just sat there for a rainy day, the players will have lifestyles to match their income based on a guaranteed income, like it or not it called a contract, workrate is irrelevant it's the shite world their employers and we live in.

Like some have said we need to cut deep , rebuild from scratch and not worry about a single step backwards if it saves us long term. We pay for the manager whether he's here or not and for me this would be the starting point.

I don't 'despise' going, (don't look forward to it much either anymore if it's alright with you? it depresses me what has happened to my team and my club that is all. The hope has been drained away and it wouldn't hurt if I didn't care.

thank you for putting my thoughts and feelings into words

Then stop being a fanny and jumping on peoples back because they have the audacity to suggest that a 4 point gap is not insurmountable with 60 left to play for.

There's a good chance we'll go down this season. But there's a 100% chance we'll go down if everyone starts believing it's an inevitability.

As it stands If we beat Rotherham and MK dons we would be 1 point behind them with nearly half a season to play, are people really suggesting we throw the towel in now? It beggars believe.

Just look how shit we've been. 17 points at this stage is embarrassing. Let's face it. We're down

Just look how shit we've been. 17 points at this stage is embarrassing. Let's face it. We're down

It is but both our wins this season have come against teams that are better than both MK & Rotherham. All is not lost but we need something to kick in to motivate the players/staff and fans alike to be more consistent. Whether that is new owners, new management team or both is the question as well as when?

I'm not normally one for dramatic statements, but as i stomped out of the stadium i honestly wanted shut of every cunt on the pitch and in the dug out for their shite perfomance all season.

Even after calming down they can all get fucked.

not seen a lack of effort and desire like it at the reebok/macron for a long long time.

It is but both our wins this season have come against teams that are better than both MK & Rotherham. All is not lost but we need something to kick in to motivate the players/staff and fans alike to be more consistent. Whether that is new owners, new management team or both is the question as well as when?

The fact that you say "both our win" says it all.  We've played 25 games

As it stands If we beat Rotherham and MK dons we would be 1 point behind them with nearly half a season to play, are people really suggesting we throw the towel in now? It beggars believe.

And if we only beat Rotherham and Huddersfield ove Xmas......we have played 25 games, we average .68 points per game.

Rotherham average .84 per game, so by end of season will have 39 points, so we need to average 1.04 points per game from here to match them. So we need to improve by 50%.

Chuck in that we have amassed 3 points away from home in total this season, we are reliant on our home form, only 1 team in the division have less points than us at home (Bristol City).

In our last three games we have twice been outplayed by teams that we would need to beat to get out of this mess.

It ain't throwing the towel in, it is about understanding how poor we are as a team

Granted we have had far too many crap performances, but we are far from out of hope.

The lack of converting chances into goals has cost us time and again.

If we had scored during the sustained pressure in the opening quarter of the match any outcome was possible.

Once we went a goal down the team lost all belief and hope, and of course 'Udders played to defend their lead.