Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0 Huddersfield 2

globaldiver

I thought Vela did ok, said it before he's not your main man in centre mid but could do decent job alongside someone who is, unfortunately we don't have one.

Mounts I normally agree with you but I'm absolutely aghast you thought Vela did ok.  I thought he had his worst game in a Bolton shirt.  He just does NOT want to know - looks like a sh!t-scared schoolkid wishing Lennon would either sub him or send him to the 'safety' of full-back asap.  It's probably not the game to single players out, as so many came out with fck-all credit, but he stood around marking space for so much of the game - what p!sses me off even more is he obviously has talent, but seems perfectly happy to let the game pass him by - a couple of times he even pointed at the man on the ball to go elsewhere as if to say don't pass it to him.  And when you're in the sh!t, and you need players to dig in, that's what p!sses me right off as a fan.  But I think I'm even MORE pissed off at Lennon for not seeing what was blatantly going on, and acting on it.  If ever I needed convincing Lennon hadn't got a plan (I didn't), then Saturday was it.

Don't get me wrong - Vela ain't on his own.  It's an absolute clueless, heartless, directionless fcking mess.

And yes, wider issues are likely to impact performances to some extent, I get that.  But - I can't get past the view that if you were on that pitch, you'd not be able to ignore the immediate fact that umpteen thousand people CAN SEE YOU'RE CHEATING.  And that, in and amongst all context of 'the modern game'/'players don't care', is quite frankly fcking disgusting.

As for people in the crowd spitting bile at Feeney when he was trying his (limited) bollocks off and providing our only realistic attacking outlet, well words fail me...

As for people in the crowd spitting bile at Feeney when he was trying his (limited) bollocks off and providing our only realistic attacking outlet, well words fail me...

That is always one thing that set crowds at Bolton apart from most other supporters.  If you were giving you all but were limited footballing wise then you would always be supported.

When did this change?

Can't understand all the vela bashing, he didn't have his best game but for fuck sake Pratley was absolutely terrible and I'm a big fan of his. Their lad in midfield was 10 yards infront of Pratley every time, he never got near any player of theirs all afternoon. I've been critical of Feeney but I thought he did ok especially first 20 minutes, madine on the other hand was dogshit

• Site Supporter

Can't understand all the vela bashing, he didn't have his best game but for fuck sake Pratley was absolutely terrible and I'm a big fan of his. Their lad in midfield was 10 yards infront of Pratley every time, he never got near any player of theirs all afternoon. I've been critical of Feeney but I thought he did ok especially first 20 minutes, madine on the other hand was dogshit

This. Our captain had a good spell last year when he got forward and scored a few.

That apart he's not set the pitch alight at any point in his time here. Very handy at arriving at an opponent as he's plays the ball or just bundles him over and concedes a free kick

• Moderators

granted - and i dont like 4-4-2

but that surely means we have somebody else in space

maybe said midfielders could hoof pass it towards yon mon

on saturday, clough was playing - id not call him an out and out striker

in fact, im not sure what id call him at the moment, other than wasted

Mounts I normally agree with you but I'm absolutely aghast you thought Vela did ok. I thought he had his worst game in a Bolton shirt. He just does NOT want to know - looks like a sh!t-scared schoolkid wishing Lennon would either sub him or send him to the 'safety' of full-back asap. It's probably not the game to single players out, as so many came out with fck-all credit, but he stood around marking space for so much of the game - what p!sses me off even more is he obviously has talent, but seems perfectly happy to let the game pass him by - a couple of times he even pointed at the man on the ball to go elsewhere as if to say don't pass it to him. And when you're in the sh!t, and you need players to dig in, that's what p!sses me right off as a fan. But I think I'm even MORE pissed off at Lennon for not seeing what was blatantly going on, and acting on it. If ever I needed convincing Lennon hadn't got a plan (I didn't), then Saturday was it.

Don't get me wrong - Vela ain't on his own. It's an absolute clueless, heartless, directionless fcking mess.

And yes, wider issues are likely to impact performances to some extent, I get that. But - I can't get past the view that if you were on that pitch, you'd not be able to ignore the immediate fact that umpteen thousand people CAN SEE YOU'RE CHEATING. And that, in and amongst all context of 'the modern game'/'players don't care', is quite frankly fcking disgusting.

It's all about opinions and there's a few of us that had Pratley as miles worse than Vela. And Mavies too

Couldn't agree more on Feeney though

granted - and i dont like 4-4-2

but that surely means we have somebody else in space

maybe said midfielders could hoof pass it towards yon mon

on saturday, clough was playing - id not call him an out and out striker

in fact, im not sure what id call him at the moment, other than wasted

They played 4 5 1, we played something like 4 3 3, so we have 4 defenders marking 1.

Wherever Clough was it was not midfield, Madine stays up front.

I actually thought Vela tried his bollocks off looked very committed, fuck knows what I'm watching based on colonel mustards opinion. ????

I was watching the same

He looked very pissed off for about 3 seconds when he went to RB but other than that he was industrious and put a lot of tackles in

Problem was, Pratley was trying too but his positioning was awful and he was ill disciplined with what he chased; leaving space all over the shop

And Mavies was strolling around, the lazy cunt

That is always one thing that set crowds at Bolton apart from most other supporters. If you were giving you all but were limited footballing wise then you would always be supported.

Players who fell into this camp included Julian Darby, Jimmy Phillips, Henrik Pederson, Ian Stevens.

I was watching the same

He looked very pissed off for about 3 seconds when he went to RB but other than that he was industrious and put a lot of tackles in

Problem was, Pratley was trying too but his positioning was awful and he was ill disciplined with what he chased; leaving space all over the shop

And Mavies was strolling around, the lazy cunt

I was pissed off when he went to right back too.

We played 2-3-1-3-----1 based on the second half.

And 3-2-1-3------1 when vela got shifted out right.

Sorry to be picky against more recognised formation but regardless of what it was meant to look like this is how it looked.

We played 2-3-1-3-----1 based on the second half.

And 3-2-1-3------1 when vela got shifted out right.

Sorry to be picky against more recognised formation but regardless of what it was meant to look like this is how it looked.

4 at the back, money, holding prince and wheatear

3 in midfield mavies pratley and vela.

3 up front feeney clough and marine.

Maybe feeney classed as midfield for 442, but we had at least 2 up front and it seemed to me a back 4.

It did not work whatever it was.

Yes Ani I'm fully aware that's what it should have looked like but the personnel were rarely as organised as that pal.

Ah fair enough, I thought you were saying that we were deliberately playing in random positions.

The fact the Manager just sat there lacking either the brains or influence on the players to change things shows that he has totally list the plot.

Players who fell into this camp included Julian Darby, Jimmy Phillips, Henrik Pederson, Ian Stevens.

In my memory some of the crowd always seemed to give the Bolton born players more stick than they deserved. Jimmy Phillips was one, Nicky Hunt (no he wasn't that bad!) Even Roy Greaves seemed to have to try twice as hard to get any credit. Never understood that.

Others though, especially looking back, were crap but never got the same stick. I'm thinking David Reeves, Barry Cowdrill, Owen Fucking Coyle for starters.

Not having it that the crowd at Bolton has changed much, always had their scapegoats and cult 'heroes' who really weren't that good at all.