Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Supporters Trust - Foundation Meeting

Mounts Kipper

My old fella is putting his name forward to volunteer - he spies on here as a lurker too so knows the ww opinions!

i'd back Biggish Dave Senior as a worthy member. Decent & sensible bloke. Dunno what happened to his son  :innocent:

He's WSU massive too, so he gets the macro view  :thumbsup:

Pompey itself is a pretty shitty place unless you like lap dancing bars, tattoo parlours and kebab shops. Then you have the rambling council estates of Cosham and Portchester which are a bit grim. Very much geared up to servicing the Navy and all that entails. You are soon out of it and into Seagulls territory out east and the dreaded Saints loom large on the western horizon. Head up the A3 and you are soon out in the sticks. The whole place has the feel of somewhere like Burnley, all that they ever want or need being found within a 5 mile radius, everything else being a foreign country.

Very wary having been in Lifeline since the start and having ED trouser my Burnden Leisure shares. The whole set up makes me think of the saying "A camel is a horse designed by a committee"

I disagree massively, they've clearly never been for a tour of Bolton. There aren't the affluent areas surroung it, H-Town excepted, we have other towns with their own clubs.

About 4 years ago I was at a meeting in central Portsmouth on a Thursday and as it finished early, gave a market research person some time when she stopped me on the way back to my car. I was the only ABC1 person she'd found all week.

Have reflected on this for a few days having been alcohol free for a few days. Like Cas says its irrelevant unless we we go into admin and even then no one is interested, if that happens then we r fucked! But its good that people are manoeuvring in case! 

I went along with open mind, heard more to be positive about than negative. Stuck my form in at the end, if they think I've anything useful to offer I'll be happy to do what I can

Thank you & any other posters who've submitted a form. We've received about 250 forms so please be patient while we work through them all.

• Moderators

Thank you & any other posters who've submitted a form. We've received about 250 forms so please be patient while we work through them all.

now the vote has been passed to proceed, the trust needs leadership

if any of the steering group feel qualified to take senior roles thats great but surely they need to get a mandate from the trust members

i know time may not be on our side but the steering group deciding who gets the jobs isn't what was said to be the plan

those pompey chaps said a good trust needs leadership from folk with experience of life and time to commit - but not failed mps like hilling

is the steering group working towards early elections to get the right people in place?

now the vote has been passed to proceed, the trust needs leadership

if any of the steering group feel qualified to take senior roles thats great but surely they need to get a mandate from the trust members

i know time may not be on our side but the steering group deciding who gets the jobs isn't what was said to be the plan

those pompey chaps said a good trust needs leadership from folk with experience of life and time to commit - but not failed mps like hilling

is the steering group working towards early elections to get the right people in place?

Unable to fully answer your questions because of a lot of unknowns. 

This is what Ian who appeared on BBC Manchester has told the group this evening.

We need to have an ordered process for all this until we have a Steering Group in place. By all means have a proactive approach when someone expresses an interest in helping. I would suggest that we point them to the Expression of Interest forms as on Twitter. This is a team effort and the word "team" is important here. There are so many things to sort in getting this up and running, but it will take time. We are trying to build something here that will last as long as the club does (however long that may or may not be). There are matters that need urgent attention to try and help our club. After last night's unanimous mandate to proceed with establishing the Trust, the main one is establishing a functional Steering Group to attempt to raise some investment to assist now or for the Trust to be in a position to act in the future. Exactly as the guys from Pompey so wonderfully demonstrated last night.