Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Referee Shot/killed

globaldiver

Was hoping it was Barry Knight

I really, really do hope I outlive that bastard just long enough to urinate on his grave.

All round worst night of any game I've been to (including the pitch invasion which was far from friendly, and the PA announcer taking the piss - but of course nowt from the FA who had Sheepshanks in tow). I'm the last to give refs grief in terms of genuine bias (as opposed to just being shite) but I'll go to my grave thinking summat was up there.

• Site Supporter

I really, really do hope I outlive that bastard just long enough to urinate on his grave.

All round worst night of any game I've been to (including the pitch invasion which was far from friendly, and the PA announcer taking the piss - but of course nowt from the FA who had Sheepshanks in tow). I'm the last to give refs grief in terms of genuine bias (as opposed to just being shite) but I'll go to my grave thinking summat was up there.

Without a doubt mate, the only time in my life I've thought a ref in this country was bent. If it had been in Italy our press would have been all over it, citing how corrupt johnny foreigner was.

Said if before, and I'll say it again. Most intense and probably the most exciting and disappointing match I have ever been too. I cant imagine I will ever see a game like that again. BKIAC.

I honestly think that Knight went out to make sure we didn't go though. There's no way a referee can give that much to one side and not be doing it deliberately.

Just thinking about it pisses me off. I saw the "highlights" recently for the first time in years and I was still raging afterwards.

Riley is an utter cunt too though. I'll always remember my friend (who is a Boro fan) telling me that they bumped into Riley at a service station on the way home from Wembley and he was celebrating with them and had a beer with them outside their coach. I fucking loathe Riley.

• Moderators

coincided with the away goals rule being scrapped by the football league (sheepshanks) after we did Ipswich on away goal the previous year

am sure Knight was told in some way that Ipswich must not lose in the play off semis for the 4th year in a row