Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

E U Deal Done

no balls

Britain will be able to deny in-work benefits to newly arrived workers from other EU countries for their first four years in the country.

It will also be able to apply this "emergency brake" to new arrivals for a seven-year period after the measure is first used.

A deal on child benefit means an EU-wide indexation system affecting payments to workers whose children live in another EU state will come into force for new claimants immediately and for all claimants by 1 January, 2020.

Fair play Dave if you pull this off.

Bang on the money IMO

Britain will be able to deny in-work benefits to newly arrived workers from other EU countries for their first four years in the country.

It will also be able to apply this "emergency brake" to new arrivals for a seven-year period after the measure is first used.

A deal on child benefit means an EU-wide indexation system affecting payments to workers whose children live in another EU state will come into force for new claimants immediately and for all claimants by 1 January, 2020.

Fair play Dave if you pull this off.

Bang on the money IMO

Are you in, or out?

The rise of UKIP and the far right has forced the governments hand in all this. Am I wrong?

Think the PM is more concerned with appeasing the right of his own party than anything else.

Rise of UKIP might have been an issue a year ago but General Election result proved fears unfounded IMO. They got plenty of votes overall but First Past The Post doesn't suit parties too far removed from he centre ground.

Think the PM is more concerned with appeasing the right of his own party than anything else.

Rise of UKIP might have been an issue a year ago but General Election result proved fears unfounded IMO. They got plenty of votes overall but First Past The Post doesn't suit parties too far removed from he centre ground.

Plenty of votes. Enough to make any government to shit their pants.

Plenty of votes. Enough to make any government to shit their pants.

Can't agree with you there Undies.

The present government are more likely rubbing their hands that UKIP are eroding the Labour vote up north. FPTP ensures that swing seats mainly in the South dictate the balance of power, these places are highly unlikely to vote for a Labour party led by Corbyn.

It's internal politics for the Conservatives IMO. Cameron wants in and wants to head off his own right wingers and hopefully appeal to UKIP tempted types to broaden his power base in the north at the same time.

I'm voting In

My company would get battered if we came out and it would cost me in my bonus

Fucking right on child benefit, how can some UK tax payers not get it for their children when they pay in yet someone can come in from the EU work for minimum wage and get it! Bonkers

My understanding is the foreign migrants children don't have to be in the country for the parent to get child benefit? Crazy

Can't agree with you there Undies.

The present government are more likely rubbing their hands that UKIP are eroding the Labour vote up north. FPTP ensures that swing seats mainly in the South dictate the balance of power, these places are highly unlikely to vote for a Labour party led by Corbyn.

It's internal politics for the Conservatives IMO. Cameron wants in and wants to head off his own right wingers and hopefully appeal to UKIP tempted types to broaden his power base in the north at the same time.

I'm not asking you to agree. My point is the government is now taking a proactive approach only because of the right and far rights seemingly popularity. Edited by Underpants

I'm voting In

My company would get battered if we came out and it would cost me in my bonus

Fucking right on child benefit, how can some UK tax payers not get it for their children when they pay in yet someone can come in from the EU work for minimum wage and get it! Bonkers

My understanding is the foreign migrants children don't have to be in the country for the parent to get child benefit? Crazy

How do you know that your company will definitely be battered?

The proposed reforms don't go far enough imo. There should be no benefits unless you were born in the UK and have a history of paying into the system.

Lets see how many are hiding under wagons at  Calais to get to the UK if that happened - they'd be fighting to get the fuck out of here.

We've been a soft touch for far too long, it makes my piss boil that we'll pay thousands a month in benefits to some British hating bearded tvvat  to support his non working wife and 10 kids, yet we have 90 year old ex Tommys who can't even afford to put another bar on the fire in winter.

We should look after our own folk before we look after others.

Rant over.....i feel better now. :thumbsup:

Edited by Burndens Bogs

The proposed reforms don't go far enough imo. There should be no benefits unless you were born in the UK and have a history of paying into the system.

Lets see how many are hiding under wagons at  Calais to get to the UK if that happened - they'd be fighting to get the fuck out of here.

We've been a soft touch for far too long, it makes my piss boil that we'll pay thousands a month in benefits to some British hating bearded tvvat  to support his non working wife and 10 kids, yet we have 90 year old ex Tommys who can't even afford to put another bar on the fire in winter.

This

Lets see how many are hiding under wagons at Calais to get to the UK if that happened - they'd be fighting to get the fuck out of here.

We've been a soft touch for far too long, it makes my piss boil that we'll pay thousands a month in benefits to some British hating bearded tvvat to support his non working wife and 10 kids, yet we have 90 year old ex Tommys who can't even afford to put another bar on the fire in winter.

I get some of your point but my issue isn't with nationality, it's with work ethic (grafters and lazy bastards)

I think the easiest way to stop foreign migrants taking the piss out of our benefits system would be to change it for everyone including British people

If the rules were that everyone only got support after they paid X amount in (or alternatively if your parents paid X amount in) then you wouldn't have to do a deal with Europe as everyone would have to play by the same rules

It would go down like a shit sandwhich with the work shy amongst us but fuck them

I get some of your point but my issue isn't with nationality, it's with work ethic (grafters and lazy bastards)

I think the easiest way to stop foreign migrants taking the piss out of our benefits system would be to change it for everyone including British people

If the rules were that everyone only got support after they paid X amount in (or alternatively if your parents paid X amount in) then you wouldn't have to do a deal with Europe as everyone would have to play by the same rules

It would go down like a shit sandwhich with the work shy amongst us but fuck them

Fair point.

I think if everyone ( including pensioners and those on benefits) paid £10 per month towards the NHS it would help prop up the  cash starved system.