Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Most Random Game You've Been To?

leebwfc

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a few Coventry games before i worked for them.

Notts County v Mansfield

Villa V United (behind the dugouts with 2 united fans who ran on to the pitch when manyoo scored leaving me having to produce my bolton season ticket to save me from a kicking from angry villa fans)

Wigan V Pompey (got free tickets through a mate who worked for Barclays, worst game of footy i've ever seen 0-0 and fuck all happened. Westy and crew were on their farewell tour after they'd gone bump and spent the whole game in conga round the away stand) 

The odd bury game as a kid as we'd get free tickets from them doing footy classes at my primary school. I even 'won' a bury shirt, cant remember ever wearing it (probably my dads decision)

Saw a few Coventry games before i worked for them.

Notts County v Mansfield

Villa V United (behind the dugouts with 2 united fans who ran on to the pitch when manyoo scored leaving me having to produce my bolton season ticket to save me from a kicking from angry villa fans)

Wigan V Pompey (got free tickets through a mate who worked for Barclays, worst game of footy i've ever seen 0-0 and fuck all happened. Westy and crew were on their farewell tour after they'd gone bump and spent the whole game in conga round the away stand) 

The odd bury game as a kid as we'd get free tickets from them doing footy classes at my primary school. I even 'won' a bury shirt, cant remember ever wearing it (probably my dads decision)

I went to a notts county v mansfield game with a mate who is a mansfield fan. Was most odd, they took about 5000 which is not far off double their home gate.

i did the ossett town v osset albion derby,the day we beat blackburn, cracking little ground and a good game with the albion scoring a last minute winner. a big crowd of over 600 on 

i did sloakia or slovenia v norway in euro 2000. went in the norwegian end and stood with some of the most rasict people ive ever met.

Scotland vs Faroe Islands Euro 96 Qualifier.

McGinlay started and Walker was Sub

Sat in amongst the sweaties, giving me a right load of jip for being there until 4th minute when McGinlay scored. Didn't have to pay for a beer post match :jump:

• Site Supporter

http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/20259/2/

Went to Cork last year with wife for a five day shopping/drinking spree which turned into just the drinking spree.

Decided to take in a football game. Got there in plenty time, spent 7 Euro on a hat and dived into the pub next to the ground. Proper spit and sawdust place!

Had a couple of Murphy's and off to the game where we were sat amongst the Cork City supporters. Not much went on, no singing, no chanting... nothing!

Until we (Cork) scored and then no singing, no chanting... nothing! Me and the wife were on our feet celebrating the goal and looked around; everyone else were just sat down applauding.

Best thing was, though, sat watching a game with a pint in hand. It's the future.

Arminia Bielefeld v Bayer Leverkusen

Hamburg v Bochum

Sparta Prague v 3 other teams

Barcelona v Valencia

Cambridge at Wembley 3 times

Cambridge away games up north several times

FC Utd several times

Mossley v Goole

Blackburn v Reading

Scum at old Trafford - they lost 3, and the 3-3 with galatasaray

Maine road loads in the 80s - there when pleat ran across the pitch after sending em down

Years ago. Was at Openshaw tech. Lad in my class was a die hard Stockport fan.

They had a midweek game at Chester.Skipped 4.00 till 6.00 lesson , jumped on the back of his bike and went to the match.

Stockport won 1-0 , right bunch of not rights supporting them.

Just remembered I've been to a Tuesday night Chester v Stockport game with a County mate. At the Deva

Also been to Macc v Southend with a Shrimper mate